The infamous original blue jersey game against Kentucky 1988 is on youtube | Syracusefan.com

The infamous original blue jersey game against Kentucky 1988 is on youtube

Seikaly, Coleman, Douglas, Thompson. Owens and Dave Johnson the year after.

How did those teams ever lose?!

We played them at Rupp in the 90's too, right? That is the first time I remember watching a Cuse game, and saying that is the team I am going to root for?

We played them at Rupp in the 90's too, right? That is the first time I remember watching a Cuse game, and saying that is the team I am going to root for?

94-95 season. Also played Arizona that season.

was this the game we had like 30 turnovers/ ?

Seikaly, Coleman, Douglas, Thompson. Owens and Dave Johnson the year after.

How did those teams ever lose?!

This particular team in 1988 couldn't shoot an outside shot, except for Roe, and he was one dimensional and slow. Bad chemistry too, Seikaly and Coleman did not mesh well that year at all. Rhode Freaking Island, still can't believe it to this day.

This particular team in 1988 couldn't shoot an outside shot, except for Roe, and he was one dimensional and slow. Bad chemistry too, Seikaly and Coleman did not mesh well that year at all. Rhode Freaking Island, still can't believe it to this day.
Sherman was sick as a dog vs. URI.

Look at those funny Block Ks, before they embraced the UK branding. I never knew those existed.

Of all the road trips to break out blue uniforms, why the one to Big Blue Nation?

was this the game we had like 30 turnovers/ ?

That was the '95 game, I think. 32 or 33. And Roderick Rhodes was very good. Though for some reason he transferred and they were even better the next season.

Thanks for posting. I've never seen this game before. Another situation when I was stuck watching In the Heat of the Night reruns on the Atlanta CBS affiliate instead of college basketball. They did that every freaking Saturday!

IIRC Rex Chapman was on that UK team but was out for that game.

Amen to whoever said burn it.

Shut the front door! Is that a JB coached Syracuse team playing man to man or are my hallucinogens just taking me on a bad trip! ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom