The issue here isn't if our players smoked weed... | Syracusefan.com

The issue here isn't if our players smoked weed...

Jake

Mod
its that we had a policy that stated if they got caught after so many failed tests, that we should have suspended the players, according to our own policy.

The ironic thing about this is, the best way to avoid this trouble in the future, is to have no policy with regards to drug use.

jake agree but - your 2nd point -- makes this entire thing a joke imo --we might pay a major price -- NOEL

its that we had a policy that stated if they got caught after so many failed tests, that we should have suspended the players, according to our own policy.

The ironic thing about this is, the best way to avoid this trouble in the future, is to have no policy with regards to drug use.

That's why there will be no tangible sanction. How stupid would it be for the NCAA to punish a school for acting in a way that other schools are allowed to act, based on their own drug policies.

As I said in the longer thread, the policy probably says "illegal drugs." Mainly because you can't say "illegal drugs, not including marijuana," nor can you list specific drugs, as you would need to constantly update your list. So as long as it's weed, they don't care.

And one thing about weed, it's easy to play the second-hand smoke defense.

it's a fine line to walk - you might want to put a very liberal policy in place (no suspensions until a 4th positive) so that you can use any of the first three positives as a lever to push unwanted kids out of the program. you hope that it never happens, but the problem arises when you have to decide what to do when you get an active player with a 4th positive . . .

wonder what ncaa plans to do about opiates- this is the major problem today-- and you get them at a dr. office

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether our players smoked some weed. They did.
[winks at The NCAA]
But you can't hold a whole basketball program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole college basketball system? And if the whole college basketball system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Haven't there been players suspended a few games over the past decade for "violation of team rules"??

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether our players smoked some weed. They did.
[winks at The NCAA]
But you can't hold a whole basketball program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole college basketball system? And if the whole college basketball system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Well played sir.

If the Bernie Fine thing didn't drive away Noel, the other thing DeShaun Williams was doing in the bathroom surely won't.

Second hand smoke. Yeah - that's the ticket.

They probably require schools to have a policy.

Sent from my DROIDX

[winks at The NCAA]

On a related note:

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainm...se_musical_john_belushi_barenaked_ladies.html

[winks at The NCAA]

images

March madness at its best. Nice to know they will put this crap on our current kids plate for another season and this couldn't wait to the offseason.

This is more reason to get Noel. We need a savior and Xmas to finally arive and save us from this madness.

Can't wait to here allreds statements. lol.

Also our kids deserve a pass for smoking after all the bernie fine garbage.

March madness at its best. Nice to know they will put this crap on our current kids plate for another season and this couldn't wait to the offseason.

This is more reason to get Noel. We need a savior and Xmas to finally arive and save us from this madness.

Jesus.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ehhhhhhhhhhh...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If the Bernie Fine thing didn't drive away Noel, the other thing DeShaun Williams was doing in the bathroom surely won't.
I think that was the other other thing he was doing in there. Remember the story in the DO about him at Konrads?

If Boeheim played players after knowing that they failed drug tests then Boeheim is to blame. And I don't buy the story was done when it was done comment by Forde. The story was put out during March...this to me is just way too coincidental. What we do know is that it won't affect any player right now, and I'll wait to see what else comes out before I have another opinion on it.

When will we find out what happened on JBs watch?...

This is more reason to get Noel. We need a savior and Xmas to finally arive and save us from this madness..

Yeah, we need a savior after all these years of crappy basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom