The Lakers Are Even Worse Than You Think | Syracusefan.com

The Lakers Are Even Worse Than You Think

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
And LaVar isn’t the only problem. The focus on the future has obscured how historically bad this L.A. squad is, and the comps point to a prolonged rebuild if the team can’t sign LeBron.

LeBron is 33 yrs old and "wants to be remembered as the greatest of all time" (yeah, he actually said that). So why would he buy in on another rebuild?

The Lakers Are Even Worse Than You Think

Lonzo is playing well, and the team is much better with him. They were horrid when he was injured.

Ingram is developing nicely. Those 2 guys are 19-20 years old. They are the building blocks, but you’re not going to win when they’re that young. Both guys are legit and the Lakers have made some fantastic late first round-early second round picks - Kuzma, Nance, Clarkson, Hart, Zubac. They will be in good shape going forward whether they strike out on Lebron or not. I’ve said it before...Ingram’s going to be better than Paul George within a few years anyway.

Lavar needs to just go away. He is a selfish idiot trying to use the greatest franchise in professional sports history to peddle his bullspit shoes. Seriously - blackball him from the entire league - no entry to any arenas, any reporters who interview him lose their access to the league. He’s a cancer that must be removed.

Lonzo is playing well, and the team is much better with him. They were horrid when he was injured.

Ingram is developing nicely. Those 2 guys are 19-20 years old. They are the building blocks, but you’re not going to win when they’re that young. Both guys are legit and the Lakers have made some fantastic late first round-early second round picks - Kuzma, Nance, Clarkson, Hart, Zubac. They will be in good shape going forward whether they strike out on Lebron or not. I’ve said it before...Ingram’s going to be better than Paul George within a few years anyway.

Lavar needs to just go away. He is a selfish idiot trying to use the greatest franchise in professional sports history to peddle his bullspit shoes. Seriously - blackball him from the entire league - no entry to any arenas, any reporters who interview him lose their access to the league. He’s a cancer that must be removed.
Well, in a few years, Paul George will be old.;)

I was kinda hoping the ping pong balls would go against LA last year so they would lose that pick and not have to deal with Lavar.

I was kinda hoping the ping pong balls would go against LA last year so they would lose that pick and not have to deal with Lavar.

Lonzo is really starting to look good though. They’re a much better team on both ends of the court with him out there.

But Lavar is just ridiculous and it’s pretty pathetic that he’s even interviewed and quoted. He’s just a player’s dad with zero basketball talent, who cares what he thinks? It’s beyond ridiculous.

The 24th worse over a 5 yeas stretch, is historically bad? That is arguable.

They are also now on an upward trend at .357, and the writer still wants to look at the past 4 season records to evaluate the current team. Makes zero sense.

Flawed and agenda based article. I am not a fan of the Lakers.

I actually like ball and Kuzma..
Ingram is decent

Knicks giving them a run for their $$.

Should've traded KP and kept Melo...

Lonzo is really starting to look good though. They’re a much better team on both ends of the court with him out there.

But Lavar is just ridiculous and it’s pretty pathetic that he’s even interviewed and quoted. He’s just a player’s dad with zero basketball talent, who cares what he thinks? It’s beyond ridiculous.

I feel like Lonzo is gonna be such a polarizing player. He's not a good shooter (like, at all), but I feel like he's good at everything else. Or at least, has shown that'll he probably be good at everything else. 7.5 reb per 36, 7.5 assists per 36; he's kept the turnover rate pretty low for a rookie, he has a good defensive reputation, and the Lakers defend a LOT better when he plays vs when he sits.

All that being said, it is possible in the current NBA you can't win with a PG who can't shoot. I dunno.