The last drive | Syracusefan.com

The last drive

Dcuse

All Conference
Will the backup players- who also practiced hard all week and were the only group to move the ball all the way down the field- and the assistant coaches -who had to be staring down at Babers scratching their heads in disbelief - harbor any resentment going forward for quitting on them by not using the timeout to try and score? Why in God’s name wasn’t he asked about it in the post game? It obviously meant nothing in regards to winning but even the fans who were loyal enough to hang through that mess were screwed by that mind numbing decision.

Carlos has to call the timeout himself.

The starters have a lot of pull and play the entire game its been that way since Wagner and shouldn't be surprising in a loss. I don't think Dino wanted the controversy of the backups performing well and taking reps away from guys that are guaranteed them.

But yeah this no depth stuff is BS to me. Last year before Anae Gadsden never saw the field and was completely buried. Isaiah Jones as well. I assume some of our scholarship linemen who never play are better than the starters. We just identify our starters and stick with them and that is it.

Will the backup players- who also practiced hard all week and were the only group to move the ball all the way down the field- and the assistant coaches -who had to be staring down at Babers scratching their heads in disbelief - harbor any resentment going forward for quitting on them by not using the timeout to try and score? Why in God’s name wasn’t he asked about it in the post game? It obviously meant nothing in regards to winning but even the fans who were loyal enough to hang through that mess were screwed by that mind numbing decision.
He wasn’t asked because the media in Syracuse sucks. Stephen Bailey is the only one that would have even thought to ask the question.

He wasn’t asked because the media in Syracuse sucks. Stephen Bailey is the only one that would have even thought to ask the question.
it was generally asked and answered when someone asked about play calls and he said i got on the headset and said to run the ball

How easy is it to get a press pass?

If you’re a backup you are seething mad you didn’t get in until 3 minutes left. How could you not be. Anyone who has played sports would be. It’s NOT good for the locker room. FSU had backups in early. I WISH somebody would ask him these questions and put him to the fire over it. No wonder Wilson isn’t ready to play coach.

Wilson was visibly upset he didn’t go in the game earlier. We saw it coming out of a huddle when Shrader trotted back out there again.

To your point we were hollering for the players to just call timeout themselves but they’re good soldiers. Those kids were playing hard and trying to score. Criminal what Babers did.

If you’re a backup you are seething mad you didn’t get in until 3 minutes left. How could you not be. Anyone who has played sports would be. It’s NOT good for the locker room. FSU had backups in early. I WISH somebody would ask him these questions and put him to the fire over it. No wonder Wilson isn’t ready to play coach.

Wilson was visibly upset he didn’t go in the game earlier. We saw it coming out of a huddle when Shrader trotted back out there again.

To your point we were hollering for the players to just call timeout themselves but they’re good soldiers. Those kids were playing hard and trying to score. Boys criminal what Babers did.
Almost any team uses backups on offense more then us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom