The last four minutes in halves | Syracusefan.com

The last four minutes in halves

I feel like it’s been more than just this year. I think we have been speaking about this issue for a few years now.

I keep tabs on points rate during these games ... basically you need 2 points per minute to be at 80 for the game (which is about what we need to get to win with this D) and let me yell you .. we have repeatedly been at or above the pace till around the under 8 time out and then almost routinely stop scoring for 5 minutes

I keep tabs on points rate during these games ... basically you need 2 points per minute to be at 80 for the game (which is about what we need to get to win with this D) and let me yell you .. we have repeatedly been at or above the pace till around the under 8 time out and then almost routinely stop scoring for 5 minutes

Fatigue with our short bench?

Haunt this team this year. End of the half was minus 8 and second half...well that's been discussed.
JB has been a horrible end of half/game coach. Really bad.

Interesting. I would love to see how this correlates to foul trouble.

Interesting. I would love to see how this correlates to foul trouble.

my basic amateur take is ...we take alot of bad shots and tend to make more of them when we are fresher and have our legs. this creates the illusion that these are good shots since they are going in..but they really aren't. as the half goes on, and our legs start to give a little bit, we keep shooting the bad shots, but they go in less frequently.

To reliant on clear outs.
My selfish perspective: clear outs not as fun to watch as team basketball.
Low assist clear out games showcase talent -but prefer teamwork instead of 4 guys standing to side.
Gimme alley-oops, backdoor, pick/roll, kickback passes, drive/dish, etcetc.
Prefer to see ball move with some crisp passing and U don't know who's putting it up-
That's FUN hoops vs clear out for stud on wing dribble-dribble-dribble-step back 3.
Not discussing "right strategy", just Fan Fun Factor!

Haunt this team this year. End of the half was minus 8 and second half...well that's been discussed.

Good call. Don't know why it's happening but you're right on the money.

We’ve totally went away from our motion offense to once again total isolation. JB can deny it, but just look at how our assist numbers have plummeted.

Against FSU we kind of have to. They overplay every passing lane.

Seems like Sid and or Marek are going to have 3 fouls before the half, and one or both has fouled out at the end. Playing tired and with inexperienced/ineffective subs at the ends of halves isn’t ideal.

I do the same thing, always calculating ppm then projecting out to 20 and 40 minutes to see where we’d end up if we keep up the rate. Easy to spot trends when you have the numbers. Some of it is just the ebb and flow of how the game is being played; some teams will slow down or speed up strategically... but when the rate decline is pretty consistent game to game it suggests there might be an issue to address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom