The long view. | Syracusefan.com

The long view.

ottodaorange

Starter
As I watched the game tonight, several things struck me about this team and James Arthur Boeheim. This team oozes talent and depth. The integral parts, however, are yet to mesh. I've always thought that in any sport performance, at least half of it is determined between the ears. We are still a work in progress this way.

In fact, there are very few moving parts that exist from last year's final four run. That doesn't mean we are bad. It means we have not found ourselves yet. Chemistry is an elusive concept in sports and takes time to develop. As I watched tonight, it seemed that we never found our rhythm. That can be said of every game, probably, this year. Yes, UCONN played well defensively. But no one seemed to want to take the shot unless they were wide open. It's nice to be unselfish and work for the best shot. But there were too many shots passed up, that were catch and shoot, by our best shooters. They were never taken. Confidence is also an elusive concept. But, someone needs to step up. Consequently, Frank took the shots others should have.

Our freshman are talented but make freshman mistakes. The only way to improve is to play more minutes. I think JB is planning the long game here. He is willing to give up wins early to get experience in the long run, i.e. March. The more they play, the better they will get. I'm thinking Battle and Thompson here.

The good news is that Coleman is playing the best basketball of his career and I'm happy for him. He has worked so hard for this. Robeson may be best off the bench. And defense seems to have improved.

Frank needs to distribute more and shoot less. And our freshman need to develop and adjust to the speed of the game. White, Layton, Battle, and Gillon... in that order... need to catch and shoot more with confidence.

I think we will be all right.

I think we're in a world of trouble. This was a bad UConn team minus three key players.

Hard to paint a positive picture. Howard will be our PG next year and those 3 players will be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom