The Longest Three Days... | Syracusefan.com

The Longest Three Days...

longislandcuse

Living Legend
I always feel like the Mon/Tues/Wed between Selection Sunday and the start of the Tournament, for junkies like ourselves, are the longest three days every year.

The First Four provides some help, but meh...

I feel like a kid again when Thursday morning rolls around and I'm laying on my couch as the Tournament coverage begins.

All I know is that I need a nip of that sweet sweet Syracuse tourney run high.

Boys gotta bring it! As long as those zone rotations are tighter than a frogs arse we will be in every game.

I’ll have my Hoegaardens along for the ride.

I've always thought beer and music are similar cuz, "different strokes for different folks." But, Hoegaarden? Oh man, you are indeed a project! ;)

That said, nothing brings out my SU gear like an Orange tourney run. For all the successes and travails, I was never more proud wearing it than in '96.

Last edited:
I felt as if years passed between the end of the football season and the camping world bowl (mountaineer onslaught)

And then when you make the Sweet 16, it's OK if that week lasted forever. I'm happy to bask in the feeling of being relevant into the second weekend.

Agreed, and nothing beats the week between making the Final Four and the actual game

I've always thought beer and music are similar cuz, "different strokes for different folks." But, Hoegaarden? Oh man, you are indeed a project! ;)

That said, nothing brings out my SU gear like an Orange tourney run. For all the successes and travails, I was never more proud wearing it than in '96.
Ah man, Hoegaarden is my absolute favorite non micro brew on the planet. Nothing comes close.

I always feel like the Mon/Tues/Wed between Selection Sunday and the start of the Tournament, for junkies like ourselves, are the longest three days every year.

The First Four provides some help, but meh...

I feel like a kid again when Thursday morning rolls around and I'm laying on my couch as the Tournament coverage begins.
So, do you take off work, like I used to do? Will you watch all day and all night for the next four days, until your brain is running out of your ears?

Excellent!

So, do you take off work, like I used to do? Will you watch all day and all night for the next four days, until your brain is running out of your ears?

Excellent!
I feel like the gap in time from the end of the conference tournament to selection sunday seems longer. I also feel like the wait if you advance to the sweet 16 seems like an eternity.

At least there's Washington Capitals hockey...

fp38Fjin_400x400.jpg

Excellent!
Key words are "used to do"

Now everyday is Saturday.:):):)