The most upsetting thing... | Syracusefan.com

The most upsetting thing...

bothsocksup

Starter
Losing Hackett really destroys the momentum we had on offense. I felt like at the end of the year, we could score with any team in a variety of ways...now we have to start from scratch.

However, who knows? Maybe a even more exciting offense comes out of this thing... time will tell

We had to start more or less from scratch anyway, considering the insane lack of experience at QB.

Hmmm...no wonder Loeb never got any snaps.

Loeb may turn out to be a very Todd Philcox like one year replacement. I would not say we have an insane lack of experience at qb. This kid is going to be a 5th yr. sr., lack of much playing time, not necessarily because he can't play, but because he has been behind a guy who may go in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Charlie Loeb is a terriffic student, been in the program for 4 yrs., is a better runner than Ryan is, and from watching him in spring games, he has way better touch on his passes. Not saying this is a slam dunk, just saying we may be in way better shape than an"insane lack of experience"

I think if Hackett stayed it was the best thing for Leob and his chance to start in 2013 but now with a new OC it's possible Leob may not be the direction they want to go. Leob has been here for 4 years learning under Marrone and 3 with Hackett, a new OC and everybody will be learning something new and whomever picks it up first might get the first call.

Losing Hackett really destroys the momentum we had on offense. I felt like at the end of the year, we could score with any team in a variety of ways...now we have to start from scratch.

However, who knows? Maybe a even more exciting offense comes out of this thing... time will tell

What detroys the momentum is losing Nassib, Sales, Lemon and Pugh. It has little to do with the coach. Players play.

What detroys the momentum is losing Nassib, Sales, Lemon and Pugh. It has little to do with the coach. Players play.

I like what Hackett said about Leob, how hard he works and studies...that's a very good thing especially if the offense doesn't change too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom