The NCAA Crying Game | Syracusefan.com

The NCAA Crying Game

I was just explaining to my sister how everyone cries in this tournament, and that even the winners can cry tears of joy. The players cry, the coaches cry, the fans sure as hell cry! I would like to hear more about the emotional meeting with the SU players the next day. Was there an article about it that I missed?

I was just explaining to my sister how everyone cries in this tournament, and that even the winners can cry tears of joy. The players cry, the coaches cry, the fans sure as hell cry! I would like to hear more about the emotional meeting with the SU players the next day. Was there an article about it that I missed?
Here is a link to a very good article from Reid Forgrave addressing that sort of thing...Did not see if it was posted before.

SUOrange44

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...-of-NCAA-tournament-loss-to-Ohio-State-032412

Thank you! I hadn't read this and I thought I had read almost everything. I sent it to everyone in my bracket group at work. I really liked how the columnist cited "finality" as what really causes the tears to flow. I believe he's right. Finality, the end of one thing, the beginning of another, birth, death, weddings. Tears flowing everywhere. Finality. We will never walk this way again. Nothing will ever be the same.

And in the middle of this excruciating awareness, people look for hope. Nerlens Noel! Next year! Summer vacation. Getting my life back. Baseball! This is how we hold our heads up and walk into the future as we say good-bye to the past.

Thank you! I hadn't read this and I thought I had read almost everything. I sent it to everyone in my bracket group at work. I really liked how the columnist cited "finality" as what really causes the tears to flow. I believe he's right. Finality, the end of one thing, the beginning of another, birth, death, weddings. Tears flowing everywhere. Finality. We will never walk this way again. Nothing will ever be the same.

And in the middle of this excruciating awareness, people look for hope. Nerlens Noel! Next year! Summer vacation. Getting my life back. Baseball! This is how we hold our heads up and walk into the future as we say good-bye to the past.
That was Zen Like

Crying after a game, or crying once you know you lost is fine. Crying when you blew a lead, and totally losing your compusure while you still have a chance to win (a la Adma Morrison) is totally unacceptable.

That was Zen Like

I'm the Basketball Philosopher. Ha ha! I'm also old(er), and I think about these things a lot. For instance, I CAN wait for next year. As the years count down, I am not in a rush for anything. Let life come one day at a time. Time is now rushing at breakneck pace! Me no likee.

Thanks, Orangeyes. I hope you are doing well, and that your arm is getting its rest.

I'm the Basketball Philosopher. Ha ha! I'm also old(er), and I think about these things a lot. For instance, I CAN wait for next year. As the years count down, I am not in a rush for anything. Let life come one day at a time. Time is now rushing at breakneck pace! Me no likee.

Thanks, Orangeyes. I hope you are doing well, and that your arm is getting its rest.
It's more my right mouse hand. It seems to be healing some since the shot and now that I have switched the mouse to my left hand. Thanks for your concern.

I really liked how the columnist cited "finality" as what really causes the tears to flow. I believe he's right. Finality, the end of one thing, the beginning of another, birth, death, weddings. Tears flowing everywhere. Finality. We will never walk this way again. Nothing will ever be the same.

You must be a chick.

Hell I've been crying for a couple of decades, ever since my ex-girlfriend dumped me..I know finality.

Good article.

You must be a chick.
HA HA HA! Yesssssss. What male poster on this board would use a flower as a logo? I'm surprised I have the balls to post on here at all! Oh, wait a minute, I don't have balls. Ha ha ha!

HA HA HA! Yesssssss. What male poster on this board would use a flower as a logo? I'm surprised I have the balls to post on here at all! Oh, wait a minute, I don't have balls. Ha ha ha!
Ill take credit for encouraging you : )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom