The ND loss lessened the pressure... | Syracusefan.com

The ND loss lessened the pressure...

cto

Administrator
The ND loss today lessened the pressure on our guys tonight... because they will not be worrying about clinching first place. I hope that makes them play more relaxed because they have one less thing "to prove" tonight. Have fun, guys, you're the Big East regular season champs and #1 seed at MSG.

Honestly, I haven't looked at tonite's game as having any pressure at all. Once we clinched a share of the BEast after USF, the UConn game became more of a "get-everyone-on-the-same-page" thingy. We need Dion, JSouth, BT, and the rest to fine-tune & get ready for the postseason. I haven't felt this relaxed about a game in a long time.
A win tonite would just be gravy, IMO- even if it is against UConn.

The ND loss today lessened the pressure on our guys tonight... because they will not be worrying about clinching first place. I hope that makes them play more relaxed because they have one less thing "to prove" tonight. Have fun, guys, you're the Big East regular season champs and #1 seed at MSG.
You and I might think that, but I just can't imagine that would JB's pregame pep talk. You know him better than anyone, but I just can't visualizing him saying "Have fun guys, you're the champs". If anything, I could picture him saying, "these are the defending National Champions. We've beaten them once this year, now let's go out there and beat them a second time. Show these guys why we are the Big East champions".

Who suggested they "back down." I just told them to "have fun."
how dare they have fun! I think that's why they haven't been playing up to their capabilities recently because they aren't having fun. I hope they have a lot of fun tonight and the rest of the way.

Not BE champs yet. Need 1 more. No tiebreakers for regular season champs. Need to step on their throats tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX

Who suggested they "back down." I just told them to "have fun."
nofunkittehsa128526969116562500.jpg

I'm not sure why the board is only now proclaiming us Big East regular season champs. Today changed nothing in the fact that it can still be shared if we lose out and Marquette wins out. Today's ND loss clinched the 1 seed, but it didn't change anything regarding our claim to a conference title. We clinched a piece of the conference title with the USF win.

All of that said, I don't want a piece of a title. I want an outright. Thats why tonights game is big.

I'm not sure why the board is only now proclaiming us Big East regular season champs. Today changed nothing in the fact that it can still be shared if we lose out and Marquette wins out. Today's ND loss clinched the 1 seed, but it didn't change anything regarding our claim to a conference title. We clinched a piece of the conference title with the USF win.

All of that said, I don't want a piece of a title. I want an outright. Thats why tonights game is big.

We beat Marquette head-to-head, isn't that the tie-breaker?

It is. But we'd both be 15-3, so it's co-champions. The only thing the tiebreaker does is give us the #1 seed.

Its still a co-Big East title by the book if we finish tied. The tiebreaker gets us the 1 seed but Marquette hangs a banner next year if they tie us. I don't want anyone else hanging banners.

Its still a co-Big East title by the book if we finish tied. The tiebreaker gets us the 1 seed but Marquette hangs a banner next year if they tie us. I don't want anyone else hanging banners.

ed mcmahon.jpg

I think this game tonight is extreemly important. Uconn has been our biggest rival over the past decade and tonights game is a definitive game in that it marks a turning point in history. This may well be Calhouns last season as the Huskies coach and both teams will be going their separate ways with Syracuse going to the ACC and the Huskies staying with what's left of the BE. Uconn has been the most dominant team between the two over the past decade and tonight marks a turning point upon which Syracuse moving forward may be the more dominant program in the years to come.

Uconn needs this game if they have any chance of making the dance short of making a run through and winning the Big East Tournament. I think most people would agree that Syracuse has not played as well recently as they did earlier in the season and we have several players who have been on the snide for a while. Uconn is going to really bring it and they have some talented players who have not put it all together this year. They are still dangerous. I say Cuse needs to snuff the life out of the Huskies and get their own juju back and get production from Brandon, Dion, and Dirty and it would be great if it was enough of a blow out that we could get some minutes for RAK and MCW.

Killer instinct... that's what I want to see. Give the Huskies a good beat down as a farewell present to Calhoun and Gampell Pavillion.

However if we lose tonight, we may lose our #2 national ranking. It's possible that Duke and/or Michigan State would jump us.

We still have a shot at the overall #1 seed if Kentucky slips. A loss tonight and that's probably gone.

Meh, we beat them head to head. We are winning tonight so there will be no co champs banner

You're all nitpickers. With their 4th loss today, ND cannot tie us and beat us via a tiebreaker. Even if we lose 2 and Marquette wins 2, we still beat them by virtue of the tiebreaker. MU could claim to be co-champs all they want, but we won't have to drink their Kool-Aid. Besides, it's all moot because they will not finish with same record as us.

I'm hoping the real benefit of the ND loss, is that it allows JB to coach a little looser. Hopefully, the game, to him, will not be quite as important. I hope he can feel more comfortable with his substitution patterns, and sub more like he did earlier in the season. I hope it allows him to put MCW in for some good minutes in the first half. And see Rak a little longer.

I would like to see a little more of the press (I always say this though). I just think it helps use the advantage of our bench.

I'm hoping the real benefit of the ND loss, is that it allows JB to coach a little looser. Hopefully, the game, to him, will not be quite as important. I hope he can feel more comfortable with his substitution patterns, and sub more like he did earlier in the season. I hope it allows him to put MCW in for some good minutes in the first half. And see Rak a little longer.

I would like to see a little more of the press (I always say this though). I just think it helps use the advantage of our bench.
I highly doubt that happens.

I highly doubt that happens.
I think JB has wanted to do some minutes for MCW. The game just didn't go right with USF. I think some of the things JB has said indicated to me, that he was planning on playing MCW in the first half of this UConn game regardless of the ND/SJU outcome.

To continue my earlier hope. I'm hoping the MCW and sub increase go through this game, and go through successfully - accompanied with a win! That would really reduce the pressure and increase the odds of applying the same philosopy against LVille. Once again, of course, with successful results. Then it would be a no-brainer to use a large bench and many subs in the BET. And hopefully successfully once again!

Just wanted to get this dream scenario out there now, quote it later.

You're all nitpickers. With their 4th loss today, ND cannot tie us and beat us via a tiebreaker. Even if we lose 2 and Marquette wins 2, we still beat them by virtue of the tiebreaker. MU could claim to be co-champs all they want, but we won't have to drink their Kool-Aid. Besides, it's all moot because they will not finish with same record as us.

It's not nitpicking when people are wrong. We only have a tie clinched, we had that clinched already. Today changed not one thing. There are regular season co-champs. Even 4 way tie co-champions. ;)

It's not nitpicking when people are wrong. We only have a tie clinched, we had that clinched already. Today changed not one thing. There are regular season co-champs. Even 4 way tie co-champions. ;)
The ND loss has clinched the number one seed in the BET for SU.

The ND loss also reduced the number of potential co-champions there may be.

Today is not over.

The ND loss has clinched the number one seed in the BET for SU.

The ND loss also reduced the number of potential co-champions there may be.

Today is not over.

Yep, it clinched the #1 seed but I was talking in respect to the league regular season championship.

we're gunning for a NC. The BE 1st place and seeding for MSG is small potatoes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom