The NET is out... | Syracusefan.com

The NET is out...

NET121619.png

reiterates that the losses we have had aren't that bad. Problem is team hasn't shown an ability to beat teams better. than us. If you use this as a baseline...we win 7 more quad 4 games, four of the five quad three's and split the four Quad 2's...(and lose all the quad 1s). That gets you to 18 wins, which is honestly what I expect.

So much for the team having to buy a ticket to the NCAA Tourney! It looks like we're solidly in!

9 Q1 + Q2 games left. If we go 6-3 in those we will be in decent shape

reiterates that the losses we have had aren't that bad.

I might feel slightly better if some of these losses were by a point or two and the games could have gone either way at the very end, but every single one of our losses has been by double figures. And not a single one of those games was played in a true hostile environment for us.

Last edited:
9 Q1 + Q2 games left. If we go 6-3 in those we will be in decent shape
I agree but that if needs to be bold and capitalized ha. I hope we are even in the bubble conversation this year. I think 12-15 wins when all is said and done.

This board always tends to overshoot what the teams needs to do to get to the tourney. But that was more when the ACC was stronger. I think this year it might be a bit closer to actual.

Jordan Bohannon of Iowa is shutting it down for the season to have surgery on his other hip. They still have a chance to have a decent season but not sure what quality of loss that will be by the end of the season. I would think they'd still say a quad 2

Jordan Bohannon of Iowa is shutting it down for the season to have surgery on his other hip. They still have a chance to have a decent season but not sure what quality of loss that will be by the end of the season. I would think they'd still say a quad 2
Good bit of info. I doubt SU's tourney chances hinge on the quality of the Iowa loss, but it would be a good problem to have if we are thinking about that come March.

The NET isn’t a great metric. The NCAA just can’t get anything right. While they incorporated some efficiency data from KenPom, they kept some of the idiocy and values from the RPI. The fact that we were 75 in the NET last season but were clearly a top 40-50 team according to efficiency metrics (and an 8 seed in the NCAA tourney) tells you all you need to know.

It'll be a great day if we can ever complain we're getting no respect because we're not top 15 instead of analyzing our chances of squeeking into a bloated tournament.

It'll be a great day if we can ever complain we're getting no respect because we're not top 15 instead of analyzing our chances of squeeking into a bloated tournament.
bloated tournament? the tourney size is perfectly fine.

reiterates that the losses we have had aren't that bad. Problem is team hasn't shown an ability to beat teams better. than us. If you use this as a baseline...we win 7 more quad 4 games, four of the five quad three's and split the four Quad 2's...(and lose all the quad 1s). That gets you to 18 wins, which is honestly what I expect.

1576556955186.png

The NET isn’t a great metric. The NCAA just can’t get anything right. While they incorporated some efficiency data from KenPom, they kept some of the idiocy and values from the RPI. The fact that we were 75 in the NET last season but were clearly a top 40-50 team according to efficiency metrics (and an 8 seed in the NCAA tourney) tells you all you need to know.

I never wouldve argued that we were a top 75 team last year. We just arent that good.

It's a lot better than the RPI. That was the worst of the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom