The notion that this will help Rutgers might have applied | Syracusefan.com

The notion that this will help Rutgers might have applied

GoSU96

Living Legend
in the past. But that was before the last round of changes.

Kids that are leaving PSU are going to look for a place that is stable in the Big10 or ACC for the most part. They have been given a no limit get out of jail free card. They aren't dropping down to a Big East school unless they don't have a choice.

The schools that are going to benefit the most are Pitt, SU, UMD, and UVA.

Kids that are leaving PSU are going to look for a place that is stable in the Big10 or ACC for the most part. They have been given a no limit get out of jail free card. They aren't dropping down to a Big East school unless they don't have a choice.

RU is still telling every recruit that will listen that a Big 10 invite is imminent and the changes to the BCS dont take affect for two years and are still murky for those of us who follow college football less a 18 year old kid. I am not saying RU is going to strike gold on this but there going to get a couple players and definitely benefit.

RU is still telling every recruit that will listen that a Big 10 invite is imminent and the changes to the BCS dont take affect for two years and are still murky for those of us who follow college football less a 18 year old kid. I am not saying RU is going to strike gold on this but there going to get a couple players and definitely benefit.

Anyone we are recruiting that is also looking at Rutgers or Uconn knows exactly what the situation is.

Anyone we are recruiting that is also looking at Rutgers or Uconn knows exactly what the situation is.

Of course they do, but that doesnt mean that common sense will win out. Id like SU's chances for a recruit going up against Uconn or RU but that doesnt mean RU isnt going to pull a few good players out of this mess.

I think the bigger schools will ultimately win. They have the mo$t to offer and would have 4 star kids as their backups coming into summer ball next year and not count towards their scholly totals. It's going to be a bidding war.

Nightmare scenario: B1G dumps Penn State and extends invite to Rutgers. j/k but wouldn't that be the ultimate equivalent of stepping in stuff.

Disagree. The school that will benefit the most will be THE Ohio State University.

With all their recent sanctions, Urban Meyer was just given a green light to go after seasoned B1G level talent with no scholarship limitations. I bet he scoops up a dozen players.

So Coach P is fired, and RU gets a boost. Pitt fires their coach and RU hires their recruiter and gets a huge boost. PSU scandal and RU might benefit. Are they the equivalent of ambulance chasers?

So Coach P is fired, and RU gets a boost. Pitt fires their coach and RU hires their recruiter and gets a huge boost. PSU scandal and RU might benefit. Are they the equivalent of ambulance chasers?

Most of it was just luck and coincidence but they certainly have taken advantage of every opportunity created by some others schools actions.

Disagree. The school that will benefit the most will be THE Ohio State University.

With all their recent sanctions, Urban Meyer was just given a green light to go after seasoned B1G level talent with no scholarship limitations. I bet he scoops up a dozen players.

I think Emmert was asked about OSU and USC directly, and he indicated that the NCAA needed to think this through more, as adding "free" players would fly in the face of the current penalties imposed on both of those institutions.

Who knows what the eventual decision would be, but my guess is that the NCAA isn't going to stand back and let OSU load up on players like you suggest.

I'm talking long term in the recruiting area.

I don't know what OSU's situation is regarding scholies and roster limits. Aren't they under sanctions as well?

UNC got the first one.

At least at Ped State you have a chance of going to a bowl after 4 years. At Rutgers, you're guaranteed a crappy FB team and no bowls for eternity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom