The offense and free throws | Syracusefan.com

The offense and free throws

SBU72

All Conference
Looked at the box score and rewatched the game. Preface to say I too would like a more upbeat offense but...1st half wasn't bad up by 4. The first 10 minutes of the 2nd half were much the same. Up 4 with 10 to go. I can't believe SU only scored 11 points in the next 10 minutes, 6 in the last 7. By my count they were 3 for 14 in that 10 minutes. Like 1 for 11 in 6 minutes, and 3 missed (all they took) ft. Of the last 11 shots at least half were goog shots. Brissett missed a dunk, Howard a drive. A couple of wide open 3's. And they stayed in contact until about the last 3 minutes when they broke under the pressure of having to make shots. At 1 point in that positive part SU was 50% the arc. Why is it that that "awful" offense that had them the lead for 31 minuts all of a sudden can't work? That's the coaches fault? Going 5 for 13 ft is the coaches fault. Just saying gang. JB is not blame free, but the players had their opportunities to win but were unable to perform.

Looked at the box score and rewatched the game. Preface to say I too would like a more upbeat offense but...1st half wasn't bad up by 4. The first 10 minutes of the 2nd half were much the same. Up 4 with 10 to go. I can't believe SU only scored 11 points in the next 10 minutes, 6 in the last 7. By my count they were 3 for 14 in that 10 minutes. Like 1 for 11 in 6 minutes, and 3 missed (all they took) ft. Of the last 11 shots at least half were goog shots. Brissett missed a dunk, Howard a drive. A couple of wide open 3's. And they stayed in contact until about the last 3 minutes when they broke under the pressure of having to make shots. At 1 point in that positive part SU was 50% the arc. Why is it that that "awful" offense that had them the lead for 31 minuts all of a sudden can't work? That's the coaches fault? Going 5 for 13 ft is the coaches fault. Just saying gang. JB is not blame free, but the players had their opportunities to win but were unable to perform.
You really can’t believe su scored 11 in 10 minutes?

Where have you been?

In the past 24 hours, among the things I've learned on here regarding what didn't contribute to the loss last night:
- missed FTs
- turnovers
- rebounding

BOEHEIMS CLUELESS OFFENSE IS WHY WE LOST IT'S THE OFFENSE THAT HASN'T WORKED FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS ARE YOU TO BLIND TO SEE THAT????

In the past 24 hours, among the things I've learned on here regarding what didn't contribute to the loss last night:
- missed FTs
- turnovers
- rebounding

BOEHEIMS CLUELESS OFFENSE IS WHY WE LOST IT'S THE OFFENSE THAT HASN'T WORKED FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS ARE YOU TO BLIND TO SEE THAT????
Plus they're boring and I deserve to be entertained and no one ever gets better because they all spend the summer eating junk food and going to fishing tournaments with GMac.

Last edited:
Also missed at least four shots inside of 5 feet in the second half. Brissett (2, including dunk), Battle (awful miss) and Frank.
So is it the offense or the players? Granted, the offense is not the best or the prettiest but it was good enough to win until the players failed. A better offense might put the players in better position to win but that is speculation.
- missed FTs
- turnovers
- rebounding

Yup and they had to live through all those losing seasons because of it.

Why don't they just put the ball in the basket? It's not hard.

because, that's the narrative - subscribe to it or your head is buried in the sand

People on this board love using that word more than any other.

- missed FTs
- turnovers
- rebounding

Who on here said the FT's and rebounding weren't an issue last night. The offense we are running is part of the problem. We have not been a good offensive team for a good stretch of time. We have multiple players capable and should be better. The reality is it's on the players and the coach. We need to be better. There is another thread regarding multiple sets we used to run but don't anymore. To ask that question is totally reasonable. People are talking about the last 5 years or so which is totally reasonable as we have struggled to score that whole time outside of the team with AW3 and Gillon that didn't make the tourney.

Who on here said the FT's and rebounding weren't an issue last night. The offense we are running is part of the problem. We have not been a good offensive team for a good stretch of time. We have multiple players capable and should be better. The reality is it's on the players and the coach. We need to be better. There is another thread regarding multiple sets we used to run but don't anymore. To ask that question is totally reasonable. People are talking about the last 5 years or so which is totally reasonable as we have struggled to score that whole time outside of the team with AW3 and Gillon that didn't make the tourney.
People pointing to the FTs/rebounding being THE factor for losing THIS PARTICULAR GAME are being ridiculed. Again, as I've said in other threads, it's possible to acknowledge the ongoing offensive issues while also acknowledging certain other factors causing a specific game result. We could/would have won that game with merely adequate rebounding and FT shooting.
And absolutely yes, we should be much better than we are right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom