The one player we can't afford to get into foul trouble is... | Syracusefan.com

The one player we can't afford to get into foul trouble is...

Against an elite defense, who is the one guy we cant lose?

• MCW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Southerland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

longislandcuse

Living Legend
It seems the only players that are interchangable are BMK/Xmas/Triche/Cooney. The 2 and the 5 spot.

We can't afford to lose Southerland against an elite defensive team because we go from a dynamic team with shooters all over the floor and a lottery pick PG carving up the defense to a shell of an offense, stuck in the mad with not 1 but 2 guys who are non-options on offense.

We can't afford to lose MCW because he is our only legit ballhandler although I really like what I've seen from Triche attacking lately, however with Triche he attacks to score while MCW attacks to get assists.

We can't afford to lose Fair because he is our most consistent player who can score from deep, midrange or in the paint.

As high as we were on Grant while Southerland was out and as bullish as we are on his future I dont think we can beat elite teams with him playing extended minutes. For that reason I think Southerland is our most important player. Against an elite defense we NEED him out there, even if he isnt scoring we need the spacing he provides us. Grant really limits us when hes in there.

This isnt a knock on Grant. hes going to be a baller, but he needs to spend all offseason pulling a CJ Fair and getting a 3 ball shot. Spacing is the antidote to clutch, grab, rape ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom