The one positive today - Tyler Roberson | Syracusefan.com

The one positive today - Tyler Roberson

HarrisonJBounel

All Conference
I thought he played well in his minutes. Energetic, yet under control. Made some plays. Granted we were down double digits, but the starters were all in and playing hard. He did good.

He may have earned some of JG's minutes as long as JG is out.

He's a Frosh and plays like a Frosh. The other day (was it UM?) he was totally lost, didn't have a clue. I saw it and I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. So he looks good from time to time and looks very bad other times. I'd like to see him get more PT though, we need some help off the pine.

Next year will be his time. He'll be a good one. Those of you who think he can or will help us win games this year...please stop

Completely agree, is this kid really that much worse than Silent G AND Christmas that he is the 4th option?

If Grant is going to be playing w this injury the rest of the way, playing Roberson will be necessary and important. And I don't necessarily think he is THE answer but that he may be a necessary alternative to try.

Next year will be his time. He'll be a good one. Those of you who think he can or will help us win games this year...please stop
We're not winning any games right now. The last game we won was duke at home. We've been eking them out or losing since then.

Roberson is no cure all, but losing grant is a game changer. Time to experiment.

We're not winning any games right now. The last game we won was duke at home. We've been eking them out or losing since then.

Roberson is no cure all, but losing grant is a game changer. Time to experiment.

As much as he is a nice guy off the court, Keita sure didn't do anything today to prove he deserves any JG minutes.

Nothing to lose now. Rest JG. Give Roberson increased minutes. His plane is approaching take-off speed. Let him fly a little.

He's a Frosh and plays like a Frosh. The other day (was it UM?) he was totally lost, didn't have a clue. I saw it and I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. So he looks good from time to time and looks very bad other times. I'd like to see him get more PT though, we need some help off the pine.

We're playing a senior center big minutes (Baye) that looks clueless at times.

Mike G spends half the time on offense just standing still. And can't rebound at the forward spot.

It's not like giving him some time would kill us. It's kind of what you deal with with Freshman - the hope is as they get more PT they get more comfortable. We saw Grant contribute after it appeared he was left to rot on the bench as a frosh. I don't kn0w - with the way we're playing I'm not seeing the downside.

I am a big Roberson fan. Its funny to see how energetic he looks compared to these guys who have been slogging it out playing 39 minutes a night for 4 months. He looks like that walk-on kid who came into the 6OT game and was doing jumping jacks while the other guys needed CPR.

I am a big Roberson fan. Its funny to see how energetic he looks compared to these guys who have been slogging it out playing 39 minutes a night for 4 months. He looks like that walk-on kid who came into the 6OT game and was doing jumping jacks while the other guys needed CPR.

Agreed - people seem to give Baye all sorts of leeway just based on his hustle, but Roberson probably outhustles even Baye. The kid is sprinting up and down the court 90% of the time.

The last game we won was duke at home?

Indeed, and maybe, just maybe, if he didn't have to worry or think so much about being yanked by one mistake, he wouldn't have to play so uptight, therefore, being productive. The few minutes at the end of the game where he could just play loose due to the score and time left...appeared to me that he could certainly contribute...

The kid looked good today, a little more patient and took good shots in the post. Unleash the beast, if anything but to give the guys some rest. They look tired and he looks energizer bunnyish.

JB is saving him for the tournament

We're playing a senior center big minutes (Baye) that looks clueless at times.

Mike G spends half the time on offense just standing still. And can't rebound at the forward spot.

It's not like giving him some time would kill us. It's kind of what you deal with with Freshman - the hope is as they get more PT they get more comfortable. We saw Grant contribute after it appeared he was left to rot on the bench as a frosh. I don't kn0w - with the way we're playing I'm not seeing the downside.

He's a fundamentally better player, than those two, at his natural position. He looks lost at times, like any frosh big man typically does. Yet he looks smooth at times because he is going to be one of the good ones. He clearly has the tools. He has the athletic tools, the footwork, and knows how to run the floor. On the negative, he sometimes plays like he doesn't understand how good his opponent is, and / or doesn't accept the role JB gave him this year. This is what put him in the doghouse. Still, why we eschewed his development (against top line teams) so that a potential 2 and doner could play 38 per game, I will never know. "For WINS!!! you idiot." Well, give me wins, not February swoons.

This argument is not now stupid, and how it has played out proves the "for wins camp" wrong. With the injuries and foul troubles in some games it was almost comical how the basketball gods were screaming "PLAY Roberson".

Last edited:
It's funny to see folks flush four years of hustle, energy and heart from a player who was key in many games and is still nursing an injury.

What have you done for us latelyOh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom