The only potential answer I see...more McCullough shots | Syracusefan.com

The only potential answer I see...more McCullough shots

OrangeDW

Living Legend
10 shots per game is nowhere near enough for a guy with his skills that is shooting 57%. Run everything through him and get him 15-20 shots per game. He's the only real offensive talent we have that's actually good right now AND has the potential to do even more. Christmas has improved quite a bit, but he's more limited and does not have the diversity in his game to be a "go to guy". Keep getting him his touches down low as the 2nd option.

Everyone else gets the little kids playing with Kenny Mayne and Stuart Scott in that sportscenter commercial treatment...WHAT ARE YOU DOING SHOOTING!!?? PASS THE BALL!!

Rather than hoping all these other guys shooting 20% will magically start hitting shots I'd like to see us ride McCullough more, senior year John Wallace style. He's got all the skills and the length and athleticism to get good shots off that he can make from anywhere.

Make him the go to guy and get him more touches and shots.

I'm in agreement pretty much. Rak should be our first option, McCullough should be our second option, and our third option should be to repeat options one and two. I know we already do a lot to try and get Rak the ball, but we don't do nearly enough for McCullough. He's probably not always in the right spot and probably struggles to get position, but we still need to just get the ball in his hands. If that happens at the 3pt line, so be it.

Sure -- increasing Chris's role is part of the solution.
The three givens at this point are Chris, Rak and Gbinije.

The rest of the solution is development. BJ, Roberson, Patterson, Joseph have to get better week to week on offense and defense. If they can't shoot, drive. Move the ball. Find Chris & Rak.

I'll second the free throw comment. And, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, Chris needs to learn to play defense in a hurry. He and Kaleb looked absolutely befuddled on Saturday night...

I'd really like to see more picks set for Cooney - almost as an option play. If he gets a clean look, take the three, if not pick and roll or drive and dish. If teams are going to put three guys on Rak and McCullough and one faceguarding Cooney - there should be a helluva lot of space open for layups and mid range jumpers at the free thrown line.

Been saying it for a few games, Rak and Chris together should be getting 25+ shots a game.

Why not? I don't care if they shoot 40%. I'll take that over watching 20+ threes being chucked up all over the court.

Hell, Rak might as well start pulling from deep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom