The Orange Diaspora | Syracusefan.com

The Orange Diaspora

alibrat66

2nd String
It would be cool if one of the techno-wizards on this board could create a map or a globe, on which each of us could leave an orange point where we live. We might be amazed that the Orange Diaspora blankets the planet.

And maybe today if we set down on this thread how we got to be Cuse fans and where we currently live we could create an amazing energy of Orange power which will help carry the team through tonight and Monday night. I'll start:

I live in the United Arab Emirates. I grew up in Syracuse and have been a fan of Syracuse football and basketball since the late 40s (Igor accuses me of wearing leather knee pads when I played hoops! They were cloth and foam.). I got my B.A. from Syracuse in 1963 (same year as CTO). Although, I have gone on to get three advance degrees (UCLA and University of San Francisco), my heart will always be with the Cuse. The stunning thing to me is that as I've aged, instead of being less rabid of a fan, I am even a more serious Cuse junkie than when I was up on the Hill.

I don't know if its the best or sexiest way to do it, but we could do it through Google Earth.

I was thinking along similar lines, but for a different purpose SU should create an interactive map where folks like us could post pics and tweets, etc about our final 4 experience. You could zoom into a region and see what folks were doing, how, where they were watching the game.

I had a fairly long drive to ATL yesterday. I went on some country roads, and through a town having a catfish festival, and another rightfully claiming to be the fern capital of the world. It's a neat aspect of the final 4 experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom