The Orange Shoes | Syracusefan.com

The Orange Shoes

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Got a chance to see them up close.

They are sharp. They have a white "44" on the inside near the heel of the shoe. They are clearly a custom-made addition to the uniform - gotta believe the kids like them - I sure do.

A couple of other observations.

It seeemed to me that the offense was running the ball to the right most of the game - could it be that Trudo is becoming a force?

If we had had Ryan Norton kicking off last year, we would have won the ball game at UConn - he took Nick Williams out of the game.

Still amazed at the number of players we put on the field from play to play on defense - it seems that 20 guys play regularly.

Jerome Smith comes off as a really sharp guy - the kind of guy who will be coaching some day.

Surprised to hear Alec Lemon say that he wanted to play at UConn but was not recruited by Edsall's staff.

Clearly our personnel is much improved - we are not USC or Rutgers or Louisville yet, but we are on our way.

Gotta beat USF!!

Love the shoes.

PS: we have as much talent as rutgirls.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Love the shoes.

Agreed on the talent level, although, I believe most of RU's best players are far more experienced than ours. I like what we have in the pipeline.

Clearly our personnel is much improved - we are not USC or Rutgers or Louisville yet, but we are on our way.

OPA ... with all due respect, we are the equal of Rutgers talent wise. We've blown the last two games against them, and that's on us. But that team you watched last night also dominated the Knights a week ago. The difference is last night we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly.

Whose leading WR would you rather have?

Whose leading RB would you rather have?

I agree it's fairly even across the board, but they have the edge in some key spots.

Love the shoes.

It seeemed to me that the offense was running the ball to the right most of the game - could it be that Trudo is becoming a force?

On a lot of those plays running inside, Pugh was pulling and trapping the DT, opening very large hole. On TV, almost every big run to the right that was replayed showed Pugh blowing his man out. I'm drinking the Koolaid with Marrone, our line play on both sides is exactly where I want us to be, dominant. I think Trudo is playing well, as I didn't see Foy in there last night, don't mean he didn't play, just didn't see him.

They are sharp. They have a white "44" on the inside near the heel of the shoe. They are clearly a custom-made addition to the uniform - gotta believe the kids like them - I sure do.

Most major college shoes have some customization in them. Not hard to do. When Maryland plays Kentucky in Brooklyn this November, for instance, the left inside cushioning has "Beat" while the right has "Kentucky."

The orange cleats are awesome. Bravo on the switch.

Whose leading WR would you rather have?

Whose leading RB would you rather have?

I agree it's fairly even across the board, but they have the edge in some key spots.

I'll take our RB's. Jamison appears better but he gets all the carries. We split them. Smith even averages more yards per carry. I'd also rake Sales and Lemon over Coleman and????? They are both right there with Coleman. I'd take our QB and our OL. Our D is better too. What they are is very opportunistic which is a big benefit for them.

Just like the ones on the Ernie Davis statue. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom