The OSU Potential 5 Point play... | Syracusefan.com

The OSU Potential 5 Point play...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Shooter makes a trey and second player gets fouled simultaneously.

The basket counted and the second player got two shots. One missed so it was only a four point play, but that is secondary.

I had always thought in these situations that the second player should have only gotten an and one.

Did the refs screw us again or can anybody clarify that call.

Shooter makes a trey and second player gets fouled simultaneously.

The basket counted and the second player got two shots. One missed so it was only a four point play, but that is secondary.

I had always thought in these situations that the second player should have only gotten an and one.

Did the refs screw us again or can anybody clarify that call.

We already had 10 fouls.

If the shooter had been fouled he would have only gotten one shot, so I am not seeing the relevance of us having 10 fouls already.

The foul by Battle was a separate act.

If refs love offensive fouls so much I struggle to understand how that wasn't a moving screen. The screener reminded me of a pulling offensive guard in football on that play.

IMO, the 3 pt shot should not have counted, as the replay clearly showed the ball still in the shooter's hand when the foul was committed. But what do I know?
Not only was the ball still in his hand, he hadn't left the floor yet.

IMO, the 3 pt shot should not have counted, as the replay clearly showed the ball still in the shooter's hand when the foul was committed. But what do I know?

Dakich *insert lame joke here* said rule is in the shooting motion - just like a normal "and 1"

it was pretty close, but he had started going up for the shot.

The foul by Battle was a separate act.

the OP was asking why it wasnt an "and 1" - not a 1 and 1 or 2 shot or no shot foul.

if we only had 3 fouls, would they not have gotten shots? Would it have been their ball? our ball? only and "and 1" makes sense to me.

play should have ended when foul on the floor was called. refs found another way to try to screw us over.

I'd throw out a bat signal to cowtown, but I think he's probably had enough.

the OP was asking why it wasnt an "and 1" - not a 1 and 1 or 2 shot or no shot foul.

if we only had 3 fouls, would they not have gotten shots? Would it have been their ball? our ball? only and "and 1" makes sense to me.

Can't be an "and 1" because the guy who got fouled wasn't the guy shooting.

If we only had 3 team fouls, the 3 pointer would have counted and it would have still been OSU ball after the foul.

It was an interesting situation. Looked like the shot and the foul were pretty much simultaneous. But now it's starting to sound like the ball hadn't even crossed half-court yet! :)

It was an interesting situation. Looked like the shot and the foul were pretty much simultaneous. But now it's starting to sound like the ball hadn't even crossed half-court yet! :)

just your average day at the SyracuseFan office my man

really havent found it in the rule book on whether it really is a foul before release or not on that play.. while try to find my case book for clarity.. still the foul took place before the shot, the dude fell down well after the "foul" which may have effected the call

play should have ended when foul on the floor was called. refs found another way to try to screw us over.
Dakich mentioned that the refs were bad partly b/c they are all trying to "make the tourney"...part of that has to be keeping the games close - so more ",magic moments" can happen. I truly think that NCAA refs call 60-70% of fouls on the team that is winning at the time - they want all games to come down to a last second shot - pretty pathetic, imo.

I think refs are secretly graded on how close they can keep games...

The 3 was correct in being counted.

I also thought those plays were an “and 1” for the player being fouled when the basket for their teammate is counted as a simultaneous score.

Maybe that’s the NBA rule? Would make sense since NBA rules are normal and college officiating is make it up as you go.

The 3 was correct in being counted.

I also thought those plays were an “and 1” for the player being fouled when the basket for their teammate is counted as a simultaneous score.
Do you know the rule for the 3 counting or not?

If you're going to count the basket, count the foul against the screener as a foul on the shooter; one foul shot. If you're going to give the non-shooter two (or even three) foul shots, then don't count the basket.

Should be that simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom