The Penn St. way | Syracusefan.com

The Penn St. way

Nothing will change until FB players have similar stories. And the odds of that are...?

What they should have said, we found no evidence of ethics or compliance in December or January .

I hate to be that guy, but this issue was brought up a few months ago. Some past gymnasts came out and defended the coaches.

Im not defending Penn st, but isn't that really all of gymnastics. I have a friend who was a gymnast in college and said very similar things. Its a very demanding sport.

Briancuse said:
Im not defending Penn st, but isn't that really all of gymnastics. I have a friend who was a gymnast in college and said very similar things. Its a very demanding sport.

My daughter is a high level gymnast, and most of the newer coaches aren't like that. However, many of them experienced brutal coaches and some gymnasts from that era ended up with eating disorders. Look at the gymnasts of the 1970's compared to now. My daughter is a little peanut, it is almost a disadvantage. Simone Biles, Allie Raisman and even Gabbie Douglas are all powerfully built.

'"you guys look like you ate your way" through a school break'

The horror.

Maybe some bad stuff happened in that program, but I stop caring when "body-shaming" is cited. Especially when it's a high-level Division I sport - your body is the main reason you're on campus. Was Scott Shafer guilty of "body-shaming" Wayne Williams? Maybe that's why he left.

OK, that's enough of a rant for the morning.

'"you guys look like you ate your way" through a school break'

The horror.

Maybe some bad stuff happened in that program, but I stop caring when "body-shaming" is cited. Especially when it's a high-level Division I sport - your body is the main reason you're on campus. Was Scott Shafer guilty of "body-shaming" Wayne Williams? Maybe that's why he left.

OK, that's enough of a rant for the morning.
If someone "body-shamed" my fat ass, I might actually make an effort to get in better shape.

Actually, that's a good business idea. I'll pay someone $10 a day to verbally denigrate me to stop eating. Any takers?

If someone "body-shamed" my fat ass, I might actually make an effort to get in better shape.

Actually, that's a good business idea. I'll pay someone $10 a day to verbally denigrate me to stop eating. Any takers?

I'm your huckleberry.
You FAT @SS. :D