The Pick 6 That Turned the Game... | Syracusefan.com

The Pick 6 That Turned the Game...

newmexicuse

All Conference
The interception, of course, happened due to a terrible read by Garrett and a great jump on the ball by Bryson.

Dont get me wrong.....I love Gadsden, but on that play he just threw up his hands and stopped. Had he just played football and hustled after Bryson, there is a good chance he would have run him down well short of the end zone.

Other than that, very impressed with Allen and with the D effort in the second half.

Game we could have and maybe should have won.

The interception, of course, happened due to a terrible read by Garrett and a great jump on the ball by Bryson.

Dont get me wrong...I love Gadsden, but on that play he just threw up his hands and stopped. Had he just played football and hustled after Bryson, there is a good chance he would have run him down well short of the end zone.

Other than that, very impressed with Allen and with the D effort in the second half.

Game we could have and maybe should have won.
Agreed

But the underlying factor is that they were able to sit on an out because we lack any threat deep.

Not to mention the complete lack of effort going for the less than perfect throws that were down low on Shraders Poor throws.
I’m curious what he’s supposed to do when he’s running away from a pass that is thrown at the ground. I think those are pretty difficult to go down and get when the momentum is moving him away.

I’m curious what he’s supposed to do when he’s running away from a pass that is thrown at the ground. I think those are pretty difficult to go down and get when the momentum is moving him away.

That and you got the short, fast kid guarding Gads... you throw it high and let him go up and over the little guy to rip it down... you just can't shortarm it and let the hobbit jump it...

Watching Shrader throw passes tonight (especially in the 2nd half) gave me horror flashbacks to when Chuck Knoblauch devolved at the Yankees to the point where he couldn't actually throw a baseball...

OK, he wasn't that bad, but man it was ugly. Glad he made the right decision on that last TD at least.

I think that he slipped on that crap field for a couple throws and he went totally mental after that and tried to compensate or reverted to old, bad mechanics or something... whatever it was, it didn't work and his confidence in throwing was shot to bits...

Last edited:
The blatant one I recall most is on a slant pattern early in front of the Minnesota bench on a pass down at his shins, to answer your question simply reach all the way down while you’re standing and running to give it a shot, or drop-down falling to the ground to give it a shot, like Cooper did several times.

Cooper was awesome. Wonder how many more years of eligibility we can squeeze out of him. :p
He’s got 1 (somehow) but he said he is done. I believe Isiah Jones will be a solid #2 but WR is the position of most need imo

That and you got the short, fast kid guarding Gads... you throw it high and let him go up and over the little guy to rip it down... you just can't shortarm it and let the hobbit jump it...

Watching Shrader throw passes tonight (especially in the 2nd half) gave me horror flashbacks to when Chuck Knoblauch devolved at the Yankees to the point where he couldn't actually throw a baseball...

OK, he wasn't that bad, but man it was ugly. Glad he made the right decision on that last TD at least.

I think that he slipped on that crap field for a couple throws and he went totally mental after that and tried to compensate or reverted to old, bad mechanics or something... whatever it was, it didn't work and his confidence in throwing was shot to bits...
Is getting the yips a thing in football? If so, that’s a scary thought indeed.

I just think he's not a good thrower, and I also think his passing instincts are subpar. People love Beck on this board but Mike Leech is no slouch. His system doesn't require a cannon, but does require accuracy on throws and decisions made by the QB in live play. Garrett has better running instincts than passing instincts. It's who he is, we need to play to his strengths.

he threw 4-5 of those out passes way low and inside. That one if its high and outside like it should be might still get picked but also likely takes the LB out of bounds.

that wield was really bad. expecting guys to change direction and get down on some of these bad throws is probably expecting too much most of the time.

But the underlying factor is that they were able to sit on an out because we lack any threat deep.

They didn't sit on it. The LB read his eyes the entire way through and knew who he was throwing to. Deep threat or not, if you're not looking guys off or going through more than one read, it'll be a walk in the park for a defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom