The presumptive starting RBs has been a consensus ofPTG and | Syracusefan.com

The presumptive starting RBs has been a consensus ofPTG and

CaliCuse

All American
Jerome Smith. I'm not so sure. I think that we have two freshman faster than Jerome with Devante and George having big play capability. Especially Morris who might be the fastest of the bunch. I think its going to be PTG and one of those two. AAMmight be a viable possibility as well. Myles Davis was bought in as a FB so he must have his day in court as well.:rolleyes:

Smith will start for sure. PTG will get quality minutes and is a dark horse to play a ton if he can hang onto the ball. AAM is a mystery. The staff blew his Frosh year for no reason which is a shame. As i have said he was truly something in HS lets hope he regains some of the magic and sheds a few pounds. Morris is the first pure back we have recruited since Carter and i think that Devonte will see time in the slot and possibly at WR if he has hands.

Jerome Smith. I'm not so sure. I think that we have two freshman faster than Jerome with Devante and George having big play capability. Especially Morris who might be the fastest of the bunch. I think its going to be PTG and one of those two. AAMmight be a viable possibility as well. Myles Davis was bought in as a FB so he must have his day in court as well.:rolleyes:

Just because someone is faster than somebody else, doesn't mean they are going to be a better RB.

No but it does give them the a
Just because someone is faster than somebody else, doesn't mean they are going to be a better RB.
bility to out run the defense. Look at Delone Carter. No matter how much of a jump he got on the defense he was pretty much caught and brought down from behind. Lets see what happens in a few weeks. Maybe Jerome has jacked his speed in the off season to make the issue moot.:noidea:

bility to out run the defense. Look at Delone Carter. No matter how much of a jump he got on the defense he was pretty much caught and brought down from behind. Lets see what happens in a few weeks. Maybe Jerome has jacked his speed in the off season to make the issue moot.:noidea:

I would take another Delone in a heartbeat, and I think there are others who feel the same way. We can only hope one of our running backs get to that level.

I would take another Delone in a heartbeat, and I think there are others who feel the same way. We can only hope one of our running backs get to that level.
Sure he was a very good RB but not great. Speed would have made him great. He might not even make the Colts this year unless he has jacked himself up in that regard.:blah:

I'm not sure we know how wast Jerome Smith is. In his HS tape he looked quick, but at SU we haven't really seen any tosses, or sweeps called for him. Everything has been straight ahead for him since off tackle stuff went to Bailey last year.

I'm not sure we know how wast Jerome Smith is. In his HS tape he looked quick, but at SU we haven't really seen any tosses, or sweeps called for him. Everything has been straight ahead for him since off tackle stuff went to Bailey last year.

. I recall thinking that Jerome's video reminded me a lot like David Walker. Dependable and consistent but no big runs.As good as David was he didn't have the ability to go long.;)

The sweep was and has been over used by Doug. Even Dorian couldn't fool the defense. Dorian had elite speed but nothing else. No juke ,no hands. Just flat out fast.One KR when he made the right move to find the seam and turn on his jets. Kobena may be the same.:(

. I recall thinking that Jerome's video reminded me a lot like David Walker. Dependable and consistent but no big runs.As good as David was he didn't have the ability to go long.;)

Do you still have your premium membership over at the other site? Believe they have a fair amount of video on him if you'd like the link.

The sweep was and has been over used by Doug. Even Dorian couldn't fool the defense. Dorian had elite speed but nothing else. No juke ,no hands. Just flat out fast.One KR when he made the right move to find the seam and turn on his jets. Kobena may be the same.:(

Weren't those end arounds?

Bailey scored the late game TD vs Wake on a sweep or an off tackle run. I cant recall which one.

Sure he was a very good RB but not great. Speed would have made him great. He might not even make the Colts this year unless he has jacked himself up in that regard.:blah:
Are you kidding me? He's slated to either start or be the #2 for the Colts this year.

Also, how do you know Morris is faster than Smith/PTG, you've never seen him play a college down? I bet Smith gets 1,000 yards this year. He's an animal and proved it against Pitt last year. If we can hit some deeper passes so teams don't play 8 in the box we will be downright dangerous from RB.

Are you kidding me? He's slated to either start or be the #2 for the Colts this year.

Also, how do you know Morris is faster than Smith/PTG, you've never seen him play a college down? I bet Smith gets 1,000 yards this year. He's an animal and proved it against Pitt last year. If we can hit some deeper passes so teams don't play 8 in the box we will be downright dangerous from RB.

Cali is always going to favor untested true freshmen over upperclassmen. It's a fact of life.

I mean Smith only had one other offer though, and it's not like Wisconsin knows anything about 1,000 yard RB's... oh wait

Smith will be a beast this year. Anything other than that and it'll be a disappointment. I don't expect much more from Nassib but Smith will be one of the most entertaining players to watch this year.