The problem when your offense sucks as bad as ours did | Syracusefan.com

The problem when your offense sucks as bad as ours did

Yesterday is it is absolutely zero fun to watch, it's just blows. You feel like you just wasted 4 hours watching what they put out their yesterday.

With any offensive pop we could have romped. Defense did their job.

Disappointing.

With any offensive pop we could have romped. Defense did their job.

Disappointing.

Agree 100%, gmc is getting his ass peeled today and the old qb realized where he needs to be spending his time

Agree 100%, gmc is getting his ass peeled today and the old qb realized where he needs to be spending his time
Agree total melt down by McDonald. No excuse to not have yourself prepared on the communication front. He looked like a poor HS coach yesterday. Other thoughts. We have as much talent as i have seen on O in a long time. One side of the line is really strong. Becket is a solid TE with great hands. Ash is a major talent. Get him 15 touches a game somehow! Our WR's are also solid but were not used properly yesterday as he did not use their size. Running 15-25 yard sideline out patterns is a joke as they are too slow, the timing on these routes has to be spot on, and it does not allow them to use their strength which is size. Curls and any comeback routes would allow them to use their strength and size. I also didnt see any picks which again would take advantage of size. Piss poor use of these guys. Drew can run and is fluid so move him a little bit. Let him roll. Why did we play our FB so much? Might as well play 10 on 11. Why would you ever put Morris in the position that he did and give the kid the ball in that situaion? Why didnt Chris get more run? He is quick out of his breaks and does have the speed to run those sideline patterns. Still why not use the middle of the field as it was open most of the day. All in all McDonald lived up to my worst fear. Recruiting and coaching the WR position is a long ways from becoming a solid OC. Also how many Pro OC or for that matter top college OC come up from coaching WR's? Go ahead name a few.

Agree total melt down by McDonald. No excuse to not have yourself prepared on the communication front. He looked like a poor HS coach yesterday. Other thoughts. We have as much talent as i have seen on O in a long time. One side of the line is really strong. Becket is a solid TE with great hands. Ash is a major talent. Get him 15 touches a game somehow! Our WR's are also solid but were not used properly yesterday as he did not use their size. Running 15-25 yard sideline out patterns is a joke as they are too slow, the timing on these routes has to be spot on, and it does not allow them to use their strength which is size. Curls and any comeback routes would allow them to use their strength and size. I also didnt see any picks which again would take advantage of size. Piss poor use of these guys. Drew can run and is fluid so move him a little bit. Let him roll. Why did we play our FB so much? Might as well play 10 on 11. Why would you ever put Morris in the position that he did and give the kid the ball in that situaion? Why didnt Chris get more run? He is quick out of his breaks and does have the speed to run those sideline patterns. Still why not use the middle of the field as it was open most of the day. All in all McDonald lived up to my worst fear. Recruiting and coaching the WR position is a long ways from becoming a solid OC. Also how many Pro OC or for that matter top college OC come up from coaching WR's? Go ahead name a few.
rob moore week 6

I'd like to add the following:
1. Why do we run a zone read offense when the QB doesn't run?
2. If Rome and PTG are our strong suit, then why don't we have packages with both- Rome at fullback and PTG at tail? You could run counters off of this, screens, straight ups etc.
3. Either the receivers were always running the wrong route or the QB was off. The one that really got me was the 12 to 10 hook by kobena. Wide open. The ball went into the second row of MetLife.
4. Someone already mentioned this, but if you are not going to run a hurry up offense and the line, WRs, and QB are having issues with communication why not huddle?
5. Receivers are fine talent wise. They have the measurables. Everyone runs 4.4 to 4.6 at this level. Has to do with scheme, timing, delivery, and trust. First week for new QB and new OC. I would imagine most situations where that happens end up a slight CF. fix things. We have a week. Go orange.

Oh, I don't know....

TOM FLUCKIN COUGHLIN comes to mind.

But I'm a Syracuse guy, so I think like that sometimes.

Why didn't Kobena get more looks? He blew by the PSU CB on the 55 yard TD where Allen hit him in stride.

Yesterday is it is absolutely zero fun to watch, it's just blows. You feel like you just wasted 4 hours watching what they put out their yesterday.

I loved this game - thought it was very fun to watch. O was frustrating - but the D was fun to watch. They were within 6 with the ball with 2 min to go? Pretty exciting.

Why didn't Kobena get more looks? He blew by the PSU CB on the 55 yard TD where Allen hit him in stride.

not to take anything away from kobena or allen on the play, but we had literally shown no sighs of stretching the field up to that point, im sure the PSU secondary was cheating a bit to run defense

I know its just his first game but failures all have first games too. Do we have any evidence he can call a game?

The only thing worse than the playcalling was the nonplaycalling. Was he twating in the play calls?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I don't know....

TOM FLUCKIN COUGHLIN comes to mind.

But I'm a Syracuse guy, so I think like that sometimes.
Tom coached a heck of alot more than WR's

Marrone's first game had about 259 yards total offense, was 1-12 on third downs and had 8 penalties for 70 yards.

It was painful to watch most of Saturday, the play calling was "eh" and the chaos supreme in getting plays in, but I harken back to IB's first postgame post reminding all of all the new parts on O.

The next two weeks will tell us a helluva lot more than the first one.

Marrone's first game had about 259 yards total offense, was 1-12 on third downs and had 8 penalties for 70 yards.

It was painful to watch most of Saturday, the play calling was "eh" and the chaos supreme in getting plays in, but I harken back to IB's first postgame post reminding all of all the new parts on O.

Agreed. Lets hope we get our together. We all know what we saw last Saturday, just have to hope it gets better. Will be a long season for everyone if it does not. I'm not buying the lack of talent argument one bit. A staff should be able to produce at an average level minimum with what we have

And that was vs Minnesota while this was vs a very good PSU defense. Kind of funny that both games had a bad snap that really hurt us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom