The Problem with Stall Ball for THIS Team is... | Syracusefan.com

The Problem with Stall Ball for THIS Team is...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
that it causes them to play helter-skelter offense with little time left on the shot clock pretty much guaranteeing an empty trip. If this team was an offensive machine, stall ball would be fine. For this team, not so much.

All were self inflicted mistakes. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the stall ball would have been fine, mcw had at least 2-3 chances to take close shots that he passed up for no reason.

the stall ball would have been fine, mcw had at least 2-3 chances to take close shots that he passed up for no reason.

If he passed them up, what did he do?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

anybody here see miami take their foot off the gas pedal against duke ? no. and they were up thirty!

If he passed them up, what did he do?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

That time when he passed up that 7 foot jump shot in the lane, instead dumping the ball off to DC who was already trying to establish rebounding position. Turnover.

Pass the ball to Triche. Win the game. The failure of the stall yesterday is all on MCW. He played like an idiot trying to be the hero.

Stall ball was the right move. 9 out of 10 times we win that game. Im surprised at two things. First that Jim didnt call a TO and rip MCW after his first failed attempt at stall ball. Second that after the second failed attempt JB didnt put BT in the point position. Still as bad as MCW played and handled the last three minutes if just makes a foul shot we win. Stall ball wasnt the problem MCW execution of it was

The real problem with the way we run stall ball is not starting the play until only 10 secs left. That means if the first option isn't open then only a desperation attempt is left. IMHO, you can run the clock down to about 17 secs & then you should start the O, that way there is time for a second option if the first one is not open & you have still run 18 secs off the clock safely.

The real problem with the way we run stall ball is not starting the play until only 10 secs left. That means if the first option isn't open then only a desperation attempt is left. IMHO, you can run the clock down to about 17 secs & then you should start the O, that way there is time for a second option if the first one is not open & you have still run 18 secs off the clock safely.
very good point i was thinking the same thing yesterday. Once you get to 10 or less you limit so much of what you can do actually plays into the D's hand

stalling looks like a$$ - but the lame turnovers and not instructing his players to foul if MCW missed the 1-and-1 is what did them in. Combination of choking down the stretch, not giving the ball to Triche who has been more reliable making something good happen, and poor strategy by JB. Handed the game away.

stalling looks like a$$ - but the lame turnovers and not instructing his players to foul if MCW missed the 1-and-1 is what did them in. Combination of choking down the stretch, not giving the ball to Triche who has been more reliable making something good happen, and poor strategy by JB. Handed the game away.

Wow, look who popped out of the wood work.

Shocking.

Stall ball was the right move. 9 out of 10 times we win that game. Im surprised at two things. First that Jim didnt call a TO and rip MCW after his first failed attempt at stall ball. Second that after the second failed attempt JB didnt put BT in the point position. Still as bad as MCW played and handled the last three minutes if just makes a foul shot we win. Stall ball wasnt the problem MCW execution of it was

Agree completely with your assessment. Plus, we had 4 to's left down the stretch of regulation and couldn't believe JB didn't use any of them, especially with MCW coming close on a few occasions of turning over the ball...prior to ultimately doing so. :bang:

JB sees everything we see. Do you think perhaps he is going to practice stall ball situations with this team for the whole week we have before Pitt? And that he may be quadruple guessing his decisions made in the last minute of the game? And that he will learn and make adjustments accordingly? I have to assume the answer is YES.

Luckily, I didn't suffer through this game, since I was in Florida and my daughter only started frantically texting me the last few minutes. I have the game on the DVR but I don't believe I will watch it. Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom