The recent comments made by... | Syracusefan.com

The recent comments made by...

RMH44

All American
Dr. Gross and Coach Mac caught my attention before all this became public.

Gross stating that HCDM can coach here for as long is he is AD simply didn't sit right when I heard it. Then he added that since SU is a private institution we don't divulge contract details.

Couple that with Coach Mac's comment at the end of his interview during the TWC season review show. He said something to the effect..."Doug and his staff have done a great job, now we have to find a way to keep them here."

Now we have chakka's post below possibly clarifying some of the mystery contained in Dave Rahme's recent post. If this doesn't get straightened out quickly we lose Zach Allen and possibly any number of other recruits. ZA has stated that a change in the staff is a deal breaker.

Zachary Allen has already signed his Letter of Intent and will be here regardless of who the coach is.

But others have not signed to play for SU. And even if they are just interviews, it will effect a lot of things out there such as players trust. I believe the players are beginning to get the news. Here is a tweet from Keon. I feel for the kids who bought into HCDM plan. I hope he stays, but damage control is gonna be hard to cope with now.

Keon Lyn @KeonLyn8
Just when you think you making friends & a new family you realize that this is a business smh & ppl get up & just leave for a better job

Ouch. That's a tough tweet to stomach. Really feel for the kids who bought in.

Zachary Allen has already signed his Letter of Intent and will be here regardless of who the coach is.
And it would be fairly easy, considering he's a Jan enrollee, for him to attend a semester here and transfer to a B12 school for fall, using his redshirt year as his penalty year.

Yes it really is, unfortunately the next week or two will be tough until a decision is made.

But others have not signed to play for SU. And even if they are just interviews, it will effect a lot of things out there such as players trust. I believe the players are beginning to get the news. Here is a tweet from Keon. I feel for the kids who bought into HCDM plan. I hope he stays, but damage control is gonna be hard to cope with now.

Keon Lyn @KeonLyn8
Just when you think you making friends & a new family you realize that this is a business smh & ppl get up & just leave for a better job

Keon's twitter post sheds some light on how the players feel. Ouch !!

Are you sure? I thought only the JC guys signed LOI early.

ZA's signing at his HS was an staged event for him to thank his coaches, teammates and supporters. I think all he did was sign his original written offer letter. I could be wrong.

Are you sure? I thought only the JC guys signed LOI early.

ZA's signing at his HS was an staged event for him to thank his coaches, teammates and supporters. I think all he did was sign his original written offer letter. I could be wrong.
He's a spring enrollee like the JC guys.

He's a spring enrollee like the JC guys.
so...has he already signed?? I thought once he attended class that he was officially "signed" since that comes before the Feb signing date.

Now we have chakka's post below possibly clarifying some of the mystery contained in Dave Rahme's recent post.

There has been alot of activity over the past 48 hrs. Can you clarify what mysterious post you are talking about?

There has been alot of activity over the past 48 hrs. Can you clarify what mysterious post you are talking about?

"Hate mail" is only the tip of the iceberg. Knowing what I know, I will NEVER hold him to the words he spoke more than four years ago when he took the job should he ever decide to leave.
DaveR52, Dec 21, 2012Report

"Hate mail" is only the tip of the iceberg. Knowing what I know, I will NEVER hold him to the words he spoke more than four years ago when he took the job should he ever decide to leave.
DaveR52, Dec 21, 2012Report

I have no idea what hate mail means and how hateful it was nor how many. But I have to believe its a small minority of people that would send Marrone true hate mail. I mean, who does that? I also have to believe any type of hate mail is greater for NFL coaches?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if Dave might use the bully pulpit that he still has, for the moment, at the PS to write the story that might wake up the SU fanbase.

Bud:

Attach that interest (and both the money and allure that accompanies it) to Marrone’s known discomfort with attendance at the Dome, with his staff’s salary structure, with the toll the job’s requirements have taken on the time he might otherwise spend with his family, with other matters … and it is not difficult to imagine that Doug has discovered that the perception he once had of this Syracuse job has not matched its reality.

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/01/poliquin_boeheim_has_chance_to.html

If Marrone leaves, any recruit who wants out will probably get a release (coaching change).

It's not about hate mail. It's about a University that isn't helping any, meager alumni support and a currently apathetic fan base.

I believe we are just starting to see positive changes taking place for the first time in almost two decades. We need Doug to help see this thing through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom