The refs are with us, right? | Syracusefan.com

The refs are with us, right?

zibby

Starter
Illegal screen on BMK when they could have called twenty on Notre Dame. Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

Notre Dame with their standard big dopey white guy that gets away with whatever he wants.

Illegal screen on BMK when they could have called twenty on Notre Dame. Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

I'm growing tired of this - I see it every year. Our guards get killed all game long and they NEVER call it.

I'm growing tired of this - I see it every year. Our guards get killed all game long and they NEVER call it.

I honeslty wonder if we would be rewarded for flopping after those moving screens vs trying to work through them.

I honestly think its because they are in a zone and the refs just don't think they can get fouled on screens. Obviously not true but that's a valid theory.

Other than that no complaints with them. I try not to b*tch too Much about them

Yeah, they called a ridiculous 7 fouls. The humanity.
7 fouls on ND, I believe all except 1 or 2 have been shooting fouls.

Rak and BMK have 4 fouls, only 1 has been a shooting foul meanwhile Cooley has 0, huh?

7 fouls on ND, I believe all except 1 or 2 have been shooting fouls.

Rak and BMK have 4 fouls, only 1 has been a shooting foul meanwhile Cooley has 0, huh?
He's a finesse type player.

I honeslty wonder if we would be rewarded for flopping after those moving screens vs trying to work through them.
I remember in Rautins senior year, that he would flop and get some calls on those illegal screens. Would love to see our guards try that once in a awhile.

I remember in Rautins senior year, that he would flop and get some calls on those illegal screens. Would love to see our guards try that once in a awhile.

Except if you don't get the call then we will see a 3 rain down.

bilas was 100% right tonight. He had a great line when they called a touch foul and then he says "good thing Grant didnt run into anyone or they wouldn;'t have called a foul". They let a ton go both ways.

Except if you don't get the call then we will see a 3 rain down.
That's why I'm sure they don't do it. Rautins always did it early in games. If they call it, then coaches/defenders will think twice about setting those screens.

as to the fouls ...well they allowed a lot both ways. but seriously have you ever seen so many missed possession calls? every ball went off the cuse despite all video evidence to the contrary. dome noticed.

The moving screens are getting ridiculous between Pitt and now ND. Thankfully we're done with those two until maybe the BE tourney and we can move on and play teams that don't take so much advantage of illegal screens and illegal boxing out of the weak side defender that the refs seem to never call in the BE. Funny how out of the Big East that ND and Pitt seem to do the worst in the NCAA Tourney year after year. Brey and Dixon teach how to take advantage of these things, which is the worst part.

I think the officiating has been getting worse and worse over the last couple of years. I don't think it is necessarily prejudiced against us, just really bad all the way around. Bilas' hit the nail on the head about the hand checking and ridiculous amount of contact that is allowed. The Big East is allowing its product to be ruined by not forcing officials to clean up the defensive play. Thank god we're out of the Big East after this year. We can move on to the ACC where the refereeing will be really good for the North Carolina teams and suck balls for us.

After they called that moving screen on Baye, Rak cam in and they call him for a touch foul right away with Cooley leaning on him. A very strange sequence in a game where they seemingly called nothing like those two fouls the whole game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom