The Revolution will be Codified | Syracusefan.com

The Revolution will be Codified

moqui

generational talent
The NBA will begin analyzing every pass, every dribble, every whistle in every game.

Mulitiple cameras will record all 10 players and all 3 referees at intervals of 1/30th of a second for the most thorough statistical analysis of professional sports ever attempted.

Officiating should get better, team defense will become more stingy, and ball movement and spacing will improve. I predict that the NBA (or at least the STATS LLC data geeks and smart GMs) will begin recording secondary assists - the pass that leads to a pass that leads to a bucket - and effective screens and rewarding players accordingly.

ugh. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. The human error/human aspect that made sports the world's greatest reality show is being sucked out of every sport more and more every year.

Also, who cares about this stuff? Great, Robin Lopez averages 4 good screens a game. Awesome. Just what I needed to know.

The NBA will begin analyzing every pass, every dribble, every whistle in every game.

Mulitiple cameras will record all 10 players and all 3 referees at intervals of 1/30th of a second for the most thorough statistical analysis of professional sports ever attempted.

Officiating should get better, team defense will become more stingy, and ball movement and spacing will improve. I predict that the NBA (or at least the STATS LLC data geeks and smart GMs) will begin recording secondary assists - the pass that leads to a pass that leads to a bucket - and effective screens and rewarding players accordingly.

Love it. The 'hockey assist' and the 'free-throw assist' are great.

Should also help make the refs more consistent.

ugh. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. The human error/human aspect that made sports the world's greatest reality show is being sucked out of every sport more and more every year.

Also, who cares about this stuff? Great, Robin Lopez averages 4 good screens a game. Awesome. Just what I needed to know.

Who cares? Coaches do. They pay a mint for this kind of information.

Who cares? Coaches do. They pay a mint for this kind of information.
And Craig Forth might have had an NBA career if they knew how many good screens he set, and how many times he cut off the baseline driver. He got a lot of positional blocks for a guy who was vertically challenged.

That's fine that you don't want to know, but this type of information is huge. Way more goes into a game than is shown in a typical box score. Ball movement, screens, players' actions away from the ball, spacing, positioning of sets, etc is all stuff that actually determines if a team is going to be successful or not.

I think this type of analysis would be outstanding, and yes, revolutionary indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom