The Scoreboard and Stats on the TV feed inside the Dome. | Syracusefan.com

The Scoreboard and Stats on the TV feed inside the Dome.

cpatrocks

Starter
I sit in the 200 level right in front of a couple TV's. So at the home opener last Sunday the Score and the Stats that are fed into the Stadium TV feed at the Dome didn't work. They continue to run through the "Stats" all game, and all the info is blank. Not only are they not providing any info, they are shrinking the TV picture to accommodate this worthless feature.

I can kinda give them a pass for this being screwed up during the first game (and ignore the fact that they had two exhibition games to work out the bugs), but two games in a row? Why does the dome always seem to Half-Ass this sorta stuff?

they have no clue.. i have had several discussions with the ath dept about this over the years. they really dont know what they are doing or have any idea what people want to see.

they have no clue.. i have had several discussions with the ath dept about this over the years. they really dont know what they are doing or have any idea what people want to see.

Agree. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there's no indication anyone cares about their continued poor performance. Last year one of the students on this board gave me the contact information of an associate AD who should be responsible for this area; unfortunately, he doesn't bother to respond to e-mails.

The displays were bad again today; the selected typefaces and formats are difficult to read. Did they really purchase ribbon boards whose scoreboard function is too small to spell out "Colgate"? (They used the abbreviation "CO")

you have to wonder. I have talked with them about these issues. I was told scores were hard to get when i asked why certain scores were never displayed. I asked about stats. for instance they display a stat for total punting yards.. I asked why and they said its a stat the ncaa keeps . I tried to explain that its a stupid stat that the avg fan at a games does not want to see. they said its very useful? who wants to compute punting avg in their heads during a game?

before the ribbon boards I asked why the in game stats were shown once at half usually about 10 seconds after the half ends, never shown again and most people never saw them because they were leaving at the half or watching players leave the field. they said because thats when they shown them.

now with the capacity to show stats even easier they still mess it up. they show Out of town scores with Abbr that dont make any sense. they show scores for games that wont happen for two more days. they will show scores for div III games in idaho but not for local teams. they mix scores of pro/college and different sports so you have no clue . at least no hockey preseason mixed in with MLB scores this year, the typical ny 3 - boston 1 and find out its a soccer game.

someone is making money to do this work.

you have to wonder. I have talked with them about these issues. I was told scores were hard to get when i asked why certain scores were never displayed. I asked about stats. for instance they display a stat for total punting yards.. I asked why and they said its a stat the ncaa keeps . I tried to explain that its a stupid stat that the avg fan at a games does not want to see. they said its very useful? who wants to compute punting avg in their heads during a game?

before the ribbon boards I asked why the in game stats were shown once at half usually about 10 seconds after the half ends, never shown again and most people never saw them because they were leaving at the half or watching players leave the field. they said because thats when they shown them.

now with the capacity to show stats even easier they still mess it up. they show Out of town scores with Abbr that dont make any sense. they show scores for games that wont happen for two more days. they will show scores for div III games in idaho but not for local teams. they mix scores of pro/college and different sports so you have no clue . at least no hockey preseason mixed in with MLB scores this year, the typical ny 3 - boston 1 and find out its a soccer game.

someone is making money to do this work.

They did not buy modules they could have and they did not buy training they should have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

^it's one thing for them to make poor decisions about which stats they are going to share and how often they share them, but it's a whole other level of incompetance when they have the functionality to show the score of the game and the game stats on the TV feed inside the dome, and they choose to leave this information BLANK for the audience to see. My seats for BBall are under the underhang so I can't see the Big Video screens. The TV's are meant to make up for the fact we can't see the BIG screens under the underhang (I think) --- I guess they just don't care about those fans...

Just venting - GO Orange!

so it didn't work again yesterday during the first half...and then magically the stats starting working during halftime and the 2nd half - sorta --- they remove the score/time part in the upper right hand part of the screen and it appeared that they cropped the screen rather than actually removing the score/time feature...and then the stats they were showing were inaccurate: 0 Blocks by EMU?? 0 Bench points for SU? God they do some things really Half-Ass. Thankfully the team kicks ass!

so it didn't work again yesterday during the first half...and then magically the stats starting working during halftime and the 2nd half - sorta --- they remove the score/time part in the upper right hand part of the screen and it appeared that they cropped the screen rather than actually removing the score/time feature...and then the stats they were showing were inaccurate: 0 Blocks by EMU?? 0 Bench points for SU? God they do some things really Half-Ass. Thankfully the team kicks ass!

Same non-standard abbreviation for the visitor, too - "EM" this time. And the team abbreviation and the score are still in the same color, typeface, and size - a big no-no and pretty difficult to read (especially given the linear layout).

So last night they kept running the stats from the EMU game displayed over the entire screen --- it was the loop they run at halftime and the end of the game which includes ads. We essentially had no playback until about 4 mins left in the first half.
facepalm-captain-picard.jpg