an American in Paris
Show Boat
Captiain Horatio Hornblower
Operation Pacific
Flying leathernecks
the Steel Helmet
Abbot and Costello meet the invisible man
Distant Drums

Strangers on a Train is probably my favorite of this year (I don't consider myself a huge Hitchcock fan, but it feels like there's a trend here...)

Streetcar, An American in Paris, and The African Queen are good ones, too. I understand why A Place in the Sun is well-regarded, but I don't care for it so much. I never saw the Fredric March Death of a Salesman; that's probably worth checking out.

The Lemon Drop Kid came out in '51. It's one of my favorite Christmas movies. Kind of a light-weight, but it's got a good mood to it, some funny Bob Hope one-liners, and I believe it's the screen debut of Silver Bells.

Sirocco's another one of my favorites from this year (I enjoy it more than The African Queen), but I'm pretty much down for any Bogart movie. Zero Mostel's also in this one.

1951, to me, represents the end of a very good era ('39-'50) in movies. Now we're getting into some of those epics that really bore me, though there must be people out there who really enjoy Giant and Ben-Hur.

Strangers on a Train is probably my favorite of this year (I don't consider myself a huge Hitchcock fan, but it feels like there's a trend here...)

Streetcar, An American in Paris, and The African Queen are good ones, too. I understand why A Place in the Sun is well-regarded, but I don't care for it so much. I never saw the Fredric March Death of a Salesman; that's probably worth checking out.

The Lemon Drop Kid came out in '51. It's one of my favorite Christmas movies. Kind of a light-weight, but it's got a good mood to it, some funny Bob Hope one-liners, and I believe it's the screen debut of Silver Bells.

Sirocco's another one of my favorites from this year (I enjoy it more than The African Queen), but I'm pretty much down for any Bogart movie. Zero Mostel's also in this one.

1951, to me, represents the end of a very good era ('39-'50) in movies. Now we're getting into some of those epics that really bore me, though there must be people out there who really enjoy Giant and Ben-Hur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom