The strength of this year's team... | Syracusefan.com

The strength of this year's team...

is the fact that we have 4 guys that can take over a game offensively. Lydon, Battle, Gillon, White. It's hard to put a successful gameplan together defensively to stop more than 2 of those 4.

I know Robey hasn't done much the last couple games but this is why I've been screaming for him to start over TT despite a few good offensive games from Thompson. We have 4 scorers now and there is only 1 ball... defense and rebounding is our limiting factor not offense.

Its kind of like how Kapita got 0 minutes for NCSU last loss... they have plenty of scoring but the worst D in the ACC yet he didn't get a minute on the court.

Having a number of scorers is one of or best assets right now. Personally, I would like to see Battle taking more opportunities to go to the rack.

I know Robey hasn't done much the last couple games but this is why I've been screaming for him to start over TT despite a few good offensive games from Thompson. We have 4 scorers now and there is only 1 ball... defense and rebounding is our limiting factor not offense.

Its kind of like how Kapita got 0 minutes for NCSU last loss... they have plenty of scoring but the worst D in the ACC yet he didn't get a minute on the court.
Robey is the x-factor. 10 boards and 8 mop up points go a long way. Like the way CJ was Soph and junior year. Completely different guys, of course, just saying we seem to do well with a roamer.

Robey is the x-factor. 10 boards and 8 mop up points go a long way. Like the way CJ was Soph and junior year. Completely different guys, of course, just saying we seem to do well with a roamer.

Unfortunately I didn't see the same level of Robey energy the last couple games... I've been wondering for awhile when he'd (rightfully) get fed up with being the whipping boy so I hope it isn't that since most say he's basically bipolar effort wise but I really had rarely seen a lack of energy the games i've watched. He's almost always looked like the energizer bunny so I don't know if I'm wearing Robey colored glasses or what... but he didn't stick out at all the last couple and I watch him more than anyone.

Unfortunately I didn't see the same level of Robey energy the last couple games... I've been wondering for awhile when he'd (rightfully) get fed up with being the whipping boy so I hope it isn't that since most say he's basically bipolar effort wise but I really had rarely seen a lack of energy the games i've watched. He's almost always looked like the energizer bunny so I don't know if I'm wearing Robey colored glasses or what... but he didn't stick out at all the last couple and I watch him more than anyone.
I can't wait to see it against Duke. You know he's got it it in him.

Not me. I like the way the "rotation" is now. Robey coming off the bench works.

Having a number of scorers is one of or best assets right now. Personally, I would like to see Battle taking more opportunities to go to the rack.

Battle went to the rack with restless abandon against UVA, especially in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom