The Superbowl Pool Squares are ready!... | Syracusefan.com

The Superbowl Pool Squares are ready!...

A 5 is about as unlikely a score as you're gonna get in the first quarter. So I am blessed with 5-0 scores for BOTH teams in the first quarter (two separate entries)! After the first quarter, the numbers become increasingly random, but a 5 in the first quarter is about the longest of long shots. (I know, it could have been worse I could have had a 5 and an 8).

I hear ya.

I got 5-2 in the 1st quarter.

Maybe for an Orioles - Giants game. :D

Wow...I see a lot of 8's and 9's in my slot. Looks like another donation.

A 5 is about as unlikely a score as you're gonna get in the first quarter. So I am blessed with 5-0 scores for BOTH teams in the first quarter (two separate entries)! After the first quarter, the numbers become increasingly random, but a 5 in the first quarter is about the longest of long shots. (I know, it could have been worse I could have had a 5 and an 8).

Take heart. I think I read somewhere that, statistically, 2-2 is the lowest probability outcome.

I've got 5-5 in the first quarter of the $10 pool (didn't even see the $25 pool).

Love the stats behind the squares. Here are a few of my favorite facts for all the Super Bowls:

1. In any given quarter, having a 0 is money. Historically, 0 is one of the two numbers at the end of the quarter of a Super Bowl 48% of the time.

2. The top 9 combos (0,7 0,3 0,0 3,7 0,4 4,7 3,7 7,7 and 9,0) win 58% of the time. The 46 other combos win 42% of the time.

3. Overal ranks of Super Bowl numbers:
Rank of 9 Best # Combos and number of times combo appeared at the end of a quarter in parentheses:
0,7 (20)
0,3 (17)
0,0 (13)
3,7 (13)
0,4 (11)
4,7 (11)
3,7 (7)
7,7 (7)
9,0 (7)

Finally, and most useful, based on past Super Bowl results, attached is an excel spreadsheet that you can enter your numbers into this file to calculate your win percentage: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urq5ziab6lqtael/XmPBDK8t4k It is a very quick, easy process. If interested, I have more data on the squares and one full NFL season of data. Go Cuse!

I got 9-9 as a final score. Somehow I don't see the odds of that happening being in my favor!

I got 9-9 as a final score. Somehow I don't see the odds of that happening being in my favor!
I have 9-9 at the end of the 3rd quarter. 29-19 and we both win.

got stuck with 3 8's. thank God for 2 entries. Ended up with a SF 0, BAL 7 square for the final.

In addition to 0-5 and 5-0 in the first quarter, i later realized i have 5-5 as a final score. Given the absurdity of it, I decided to go with 45-35 in a contest that Brandon Steiner is running on Facebook.

Nice safety SF, Randomly put all 6 family members on my 6 squares and my youngest son was on the final winner! Thanks to John for a sweet square...!

In addition to 0-5 and 5-0 in the first quarter, i later realized i have 5-5 as a final score. Given the absurdity of it, I decided to go with 45-35 in a contest that Brandon Steiner is running on Facebook.

2 years in a row. Just not right.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

2 years in a row. Just not right.

Bees... no one was more surprised than me. So happy I had more than one entry. And, no, I did not have John Harbaugh's ear on that last play when he went for the safety!

Bees... no one was more surprised than me. So happy I had more than one entry. And, no, I did not have John Harbaugh's ear on that last play when he went for the safety!

Congrats....again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom