The Tyus Battle all- inclusive thread... | Syracusefan.com

The Tyus Battle all- inclusive thread...

Anyone else concerned about the nights he has an off game, as much as he tries to do on his own while leaving out teammates who occasionally are open and/or in good position?

Anyone else concerned about the nights he has an off game, as much as he tries to do on his own while leaving out teammates who occasionally are open and/or in good position?
Not really. He's a pretty heady player. He really doesn't take a ton of shots per his return. And if he has an off night we are likely doomed anyways.

I think it's just something he will get used to. He was the 3rd or 4th option last year. Now, he's probably being told by JB to be aggressive and get buckets. I agree, there were times tonight where he was doing too much one-on-one. But as the season goes on and he learns how to the man, he will get better about picking his spots and getting his teammates involved. We saw it last year, he is a very capable and willing passer.

However, at any given time there will most likely be 2 guys on the court who have very little offense prowess (Marek, Sidibe, Moyer, Chukwu) besides alley oops (Chukwu) or putbacks.

He’s going to get plenty of attention once we start playing P5 teams, hope the other players take advantage.
Other teams will definitely be trying to tie him up and force others to score. This will happen, so hopefully he won't get frustrated. However, I think he is good enough to still have a good game even with tight coverage.

Tyus this year reminds of of those unstoppable one-man armies from Big East days: Jeremy Hazell from Seton Hall, Marshon Brooks from Providence, Dominique Jones from USF etc., but he seems to be scoring more efficiently and most importantly has better supporting casts, this team can do some serious damage if everything comes together nicely.

Other teams will definitely be trying to tie him up and force others to score. This will happen, so hopefully he won't get frustrated. However, I think he is good enough to still have a good game even with tight coverage.

What I hope is when he becomes the focus of opponent’s D , that others recognize and execute their own opportunities to score , thus helping him out and keeping defenses more honest.

In my previous post I meant the game thread, to clarify the last post which I dont have the ability to edit for some reason(dont want folks to assume I'm being lazy, I try, I really do!).

trust me folks, we're gonna need (want)! it this year.

Dude has All. The. Shots.

I didn't watch the game but I watch the Oakland highlight video 3 times. Battle takes the ball, spin move, pull back between the legs, moves forward, spin move, dribbles towards the key, stops and hold, the defender jumps up to block, he then pivots on his right foot bringing his left foot through past the defender to the right, rising up off his left foot sinking a 12 foot jumper! INSANE!

1:0 (one minute mark) in the video:

What I hope is when he becomes the focus of opponent’s D , that others recognize and execute their own opportunities to score , thus helping him out and keeping defenses more honest.

I get the concept, kind of like an otherwise struggling running back when benefits from becoming a more pass-first offense. Hopefully it will work out in actuality as well as in theory!

I think it's just something he will get used to. He was the 3rd or 4th option last year. Now, he's probably being told by JB to be aggressive and get buckets. I agree, there were times tonight where he was doing too much one-on-one. But as the season goes on and he learns how to the man, he will get better about picking his spots and getting his teammates involved. We saw it last year, he is a very capable and willing passer.

However, at any given time there will most likely be 2 guys on the court who have very little offense prowess (Marek, Sidibe, Moyer, Chukwu) besides alley oops (Chukwu) or putbacks.

I’ve seen some good footwork out of Sidibe, I’ve seen a running hook that he made a couple games ago...I think he’s got some offensive prowess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom