The U | Syracusefan.com

The U

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
"The NCAA has delivered a new and disturbing ultimatum to numerous former University of Miami football players: Either talk to us or we’ll believe Nevin Shapiro’s claims against you."

The letter, which I obtained, gives the players a Friday deadline to speak to the NCAA. What’s surprising is that the NCAA states in the letter that it will conclude the players committed violations if they do not respond.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...heat-chatter.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy"

"The NCAA has delivered a new and disturbing ultimatum to numerous former University of Miami football players: Either talk to us or we’ll believe Nevin Shapiro’s claims against you."

The letter, which I obtained, gives the players a Friday deadline to speak to the NCAA. What’s surprising is that the NCAA states in the letter that it will conclude the players committed violations if they do not respond.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...heat-chatter.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy"
What are they supposed to do when none of the players will talk to them? I don't blame the NCAA for doing this. If they don't, no one will ever talk to them and scandal after scandal will go unpunished.

This sounds harsh, but if someone is accused of something and they refuse to provide evidence that the accusation is false, the accusation stands and people can draw their own conclusions. The NCAA is playing hardball with these kids but these kids knew what they were doing and whether they did anything wrong. Besides, it's the U, everyone knows they are on the take, we just want to know how much we need to pay out, since the SEC won't reveal their payouts. (Sarcasm off)

What are they supposed to do when none of the players will talk to them? I don't blame the NCAA for doing this. If they don't, no one will ever talk to them and scandal after scandal will go unpunished.
Agreed Tom. At some point, you need to apply pressure.

They're probably saying, "Hey, if you don't talk to us, we'll just nail your alma mater that much harder." We'll see if those former players really care about their precious 'U' now. My guess is they'll maintain their thug attitudes and attempt to protect their already tainted reputations with no regard to the program that helped them become successful.