The Upside - ASU | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - ASU

SWC75

Bored Historian
- When Kodi Justice made a three with 7:04 left, (and made another one of his ‘bear obscene’ gestures that pissed off Matt Park and jimmy Satalin), hit a three to take a 49-42 lead, it looked like the baseball season was about to begin. But we shut them down on defense and finally got the offense going and went on an 18-7 run to put the game away and advance.

- Two guys who had played poorly, Paschal Chukwu and Frank Howard, were the heroes at the end, PC scoring all five of his points in the game winning run and Howard hitting the jumper that started the run and the free throws that ended it.

- Oshae Brissett had probably his best game of the year, basically carrying the team with 23 points and 2 rebounds. He made four two point shots, three treys and 6 free throws. All three treys came when we absolutely needed them, none bigger than the one that ended ASU’s 0-8 run to begin the second half. This after hitting the court hard after a first half collision and suffering was described as a ‘lower back bruise’. These guys are going to spend the spring in the whirlpool.

- Tyus Battle had a solid game with 15 points, (25% of our total) and 3 assists.

- Marek Dolezaj was quite for long periods but had his moments with a couple of scores late in the first half, including the one that gave us the halftime lead and a terrific steal and drive in the second half when we were clawing back into it. He filled the stat sheet with 5 points, 5 rebounds, three assists and that steal.

- Defense doesn’t win game but it gives you a chance to win them if you ever get your offense going. ASU never had the run of threes I was scared of. They made 11 of them but missed 21 more, (34%). They weren’t all wide open misses. We kept pretty good contact with the shooters.

- We won ugly but that’s what we do. JB reminds me of Captain Bligh after Fletcher Christian has put him a row boat with the remaining loyal crew members. They’ve got to paddle 3,000 miles while reading the stars and the waves but Bligh insists he’s going to do it and come back with a big ship next time. And he did it.

21-13 (9-11) with 1+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

My neighbor is from Pitcarin Island. I bet she does not have kind words for Captain Bligh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom