The Upside - BC1 | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - BC1

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Wins are silver. ACC wins are gold. ACC road wins are platinum, especially after losses. Like coach said after the game, we’ve got to play better but more than anything, we’ve got win and we did.

- Tyus Battle won it instead of tying it. All he did was pour in 31 points, grab 4 rebounds and pass for 6 assists to one single turnover. I like that he’s not just scoring but filling up the stat sheet. He’s going to have to show all-around skills on the next level and we need him to do it here, too.

- He played a good two man game with Buddy Boeheim, who had his best game, hitting 3 treys,a ll set up by Tyus and showing he could drive to the basket for a couple of scores as well. He also had rebounds, a steal and his team’s only blocked shot. The early jitters are totally gone and Buddy is playing with a smile on his face now. He’s the instant offense guy coming off the bench we’ve needed for some time now.

- Hughes, Brissett and Howard weren’t spectacular but they came within 2 points of giving us 5 double figure scorers.

- We got off to our usually lousy start, 6-15 but erased that with a 14-0 run and never gave up the lead the rest of the way.

- Chukwu didn’t do much until the last couple of minutes but got a couple of big rebounds and sank a couple of free throws to make sure nothing crazy happened at the end.

- I thought Sidibe played very good defense when he was in there, much better than Chukwu.

- As JB said, it took a while but we finally shut off their three point game and that allowed us to withstand their second half run.

15-6 (6-2) and with 10+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I thought they shorted Chukwu a blocked shot at the end there on a Bowman drive (I think).

Otherwise, great write-up!

Great write up. Only thing I disagree with is Sidibe. Didn’t think he played good at all. He needs to do a better job of moving his feet and going straight up to contest shots rather than bringing his arms down. I saw pascal do that a few times at the end.

JB with a huge upside. Great 2nd half line-up adjustment to derail the drought after the first BC timeout. I'm hoarse from talking about the first 6-7 minutes of each game and how inept and sluggish we are on offense. It's problematic and its the line-up, after the first substitution we get going.

I waited about 10 minutes before I realized "the upside BC1" was in reference to this being the first of two games, and not that there would be a follow up upside post. Ay. Vodka, Cuse games and work nights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom