The Upside - Boston College | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Boston College

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Two SU players had double-doubles: Tyler Lydon with 17p/12r and Tyler Roberson, who had his best game so far this year with 11p/10r.

- Andrew White shot the ball well, 7/15 including 4/7 three pointers and all four free throws for a team high 22 points.

- Taurean Thompson didn’t shoot well (5/13) or rebound much (3) but did score 14 points with a couple of blocks and steals. He’s our center now.

- I spend 6 months a year passionately rooting for SU football and basketball. The rest of the year is more relaxed and in recent years I confess I’ve enjoyed that more. I spend my time on a number of different interests and just find a way to enjoy each day. Towards the end of the 6 months of intense SU rooting, I grow tired of the worrying, the pre-game tension, the pain of misfortunes, the sense of depression and frustration or relief after the game is over. I get tired of sporting events seeming so important. But when expectations have evaporated and you realize that anything good is an improvement, all those negative feelings dissipate. I watched today’s game while perusing the Sunday Paper. I’d look up when Matt Park said something happened that sounded worth looking at, (he was a few seconds behind the TV feed). I occasionally made an observation in the chat room. I took a nap and then did my normal post game analysis. It was not a pleasant experience but I did not allow it to become too unpleasant, either…. I realize that this isn’t really an upside but I put it here because the Upside needed a bit of punching up.

8-6 with 17+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Everybody did appear to put their uniform on correctly, so we have that going for us also.

Yeah, we were better than this:

2002-03-27-inside-cuse.jpg

I also watched today's game in the background. I found it much less frustrating that way and not nearly as upsetting as if I were intently watching the game.
It's looking like that may be the way to watch the team this year.

I'll bring something to read.

Was having similar thoughts about what I should do when I'm at the Dome for the BC game in a couple of weeks.
Really hoping they figure something out to stop BC's shooters by that game.

"Tyler Roberson, who had his best game so far this year with 11p/10r." May have been considered an upside but the 3 bunnies he misses should negate the whole thing. My feeling was why count the offensive rebounds if you can't make a 12 inch lay up and the other team gets the rebound.

Can I bring my iPad to the dome and play scrabble?

Hopeful Beadle

Ill try to get this right this time...
ONLY IF YOU MOVE DOWN TO THE FIRST ROW AND REPLACE THE DOME KNITTER!!!!

oops this was suppose to be a reply to Peggy...bballbeadle with playing scrabble
I was thinking about her when we were discussing this! Boy, was she reviled, but she probably did it to quell anxiety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom