The Upside (California) | Syracusefan.com

The Upside (California)

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Chris McCullough looked good early, grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, (he had 4 of them) and scoring 6 of our first 8 points. Then he disappeared until garbage time.

- Rakeem Christmas had 8 points, 8 rebounds and a couple of blocks. Unfortunately he also had some silly fouls that took him out of the game.

- Michael Gbinije played aggressively, scoring 13 points on 5 for 10 shooting, including a three pointer. He also had 3 rebounds and 2 steals. But it wasn’t nearly enough.

- A key to happiness in life is to not demand of people things they cannot give you. This team isn’t going to be one of those 18-0, 25-0, 30-1, #1 ranked teams. They haven’t sprung from Zeus’s head in full armor, (Google Athena). They are a new born babe and what we need to do is watch for signs they are growing up as we progress through the season. That can even be fun, if you’re willing to do it.

2-1 with 28+ to be done (Three games in and I’ve had to change the rhyme already.)

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

The only upside I can see to California right now is that song where it said they know how to party. Matter of fact I'm going to watch the video now to relax and crack open my first cold one. Ive got a thing for Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome based videos.

- Chris McCullough looked good early, grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, (he had 4 of them) and scoring 6 of our first 8 points. Then he disappeared until garbage time.

- Rakeem Christmas had 8 points, 8 rebounds and a couple of blocks. Unfortunately he also had some silly fouls that took him out of the game.

- Michael Gbinije played aggressively, scoring 13 points on 5 for 10 shooting, including a three pointer. He also had 3 rebounds and 2 steals. But it wasn’t nearly enough.

- A key to happiness in life is to not demand of people things they cannot give you. This team isn’t going to be one of those 18-0, 25-0, 30-1, #1 ranked teams. They haven’t sprung from Zeus’s head in full armor, (Google Athena). They are a new born babe and what we need to do is watch for signs they are growing up as we progress through the season. That can even be fun, if you’re willing to do it.

2-1 with 28+ to be done (Three games in and I’ve had to change the rhyme already.)
I liked your metaphor of the new born babe but it feels to me like a more regressed metaphor, the LABOR to produce a baby. When I was having my son, at one point the midwife had a mirror and asked me if I wanted to watch? Dear lord, wasn't the fact that I was DOING it enough for that sadist? I bleated out, "No watch! No watch!" The product at the end was pretty satisfying, though, I admit.

I am kind of wondering if this season will be like watching the labor to produce a baby, rather than watching a baby grow? Either way, I swear to all the gods and goddesses, I'll watch! I'll watch!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom