The Upside - Clemson | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Clemson

SWC75

Bored Historian
-
- We’ve now won 5 in a row and are 8-4 in the conference. We could actually win the conference regular season title, (another thing that doesn’t officially exist).

- We've overcome double-digit deficits to win three times in a row.

- A huge deal was that we out-rebounded the Tigers 33-24 and got 16 second chance points to 6. We lost or broke even in just about every other stat.

- Andrew White continued his steady bombardment with 23 points, giving him 125 points in our five game winning streak. Yup, that 25 points a game. He’s hit at least 6 shots and 3 three pointers in every game. He also has 26 rebounds and 13 steals in those games.

- Tyler Roberson had a great first half with 6 points and 6 rebounds. He helped keep us in the game. The Taurean Thompson started the second half with 12 points in 9 minutes, making smart moves in the paint and showing the patience and touch to get the best possible shot off. Another thing I like is that he can score while being fouled. So many times we are going to the line for two free throws and no basket because we couldn’t fight through the foul to score. TT is an “and one” guy.

- Tyler Lydon was 0 for 3 from the arc and committed 5 turnovers. And he had a great game. He was killing Clemson inside, making 7 of 9 shots there, 3 of 4 from the line and pulling down 9 rebounds. He was also the key to our strong defense around the basket.

- It hasn’t quite happened yet but Lydon and Thompson should be able to play a tremendous two man game around the basket. Both can pass and shoot and have good size and hands. We haven’t had that since AO and Rick were in business.

- John Gillon has been smoking like a burned out building two days after the fire these last two games. He’s been doused in water by the last two opponents who have double teamed him to make sure he doesn’t go off again as he did at NC State. But he has 8 assists and no turnovers and was 7 for 7 from the line. I’ll take that any day.

- Even Frank Howard had a good game, helping to lead the first half run with a three pointer, 3 rebounds and a couple of assists in 8 productive minutes.

- Now let’s seep Pitt, make it a 6 game streak and 9-4 in the conference…and CLINCH our 47th straight winning season, the longest such streak in the country, (by 13 over Kansas), which would put us alone in second place for the all-time longest such streak in college basketball history, 7 short of UCLA’s 54 year streak, which, (we could surpass in 2024-25). Take that, Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas and, especially UCONN!

16-9 (8-4) with 6+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
Rebounding, foul shots ... these are normally found in The Down Side. What a bizarro team we have this year.

And DO NOT spot us double digits, you will regret it.

Rebounding, foul shots ... these are normally found in The Down Side. What a bizarro team we have this year.

And DO NOT spot us double digits, you will regret it.
How many people said when we were down 12 that we had them right where we wanted them. I seriously think we've been playing better from behind than when we have a lead.

I was miserable throughout this entire game until the last two seconds. It is so much easier to watch a game in person than to watch these little figures run around on tv! In person, you can cheer them on and help them win. You can give the team your energy and (it seems) literally buoy them up and help them play better.

I've got to work on my tv psyche.

Oh, what does "seep" mean (that thing we're going to do to Pitt)? Hey, I'm all for it, but I want to know what it is!

I was miserable throughout this entire game until the last two seconds. It is so much easier to watch a game in person than to watch these little figures run around on tv! In person, you can cheer them on and help them win. You can give the team your energy and (it seems) literally buoy them up and help them play better.

I've got to work on my tv psyche.

Oh, what does "seep" mean (that thing we're going to do to Pitt)? Hey, I'm all for it, but I want to know what it is!

I don't know what it is either but let's do it! :mad:

(My edit function is gone: I think I meant "beat")

Yesssssss, I can see how "beat" became "seep." :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha!

Yesssssss, I can see how "beat" became "seep." :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom