The Upside- Clemson | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Clemson

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Rakeem Christmas proved he can score, even against a good defensive team and with nobody helping him with 21 points on 10 for 13 shooting. He had 10 rebounds for his 6th double-double of the season, (five more well- placed reboudns and he’s have 11). Two of the guys guarding him wound up with 4 fouls in a game where the refs weren’t calling much.

- Tyler Roberson went after the boards like a Tiger, (err…a Saltine Warrior), grabbing a game-high 13 rebounds, including 8 of our 12 offensive boards. The problem was he did little else, (which may be why we came up short in second chance points. He’s our Dennis Rodman, with normal hair. “Rodberson”.

- Kaleb Joseph actually tried to mount an attack of his own to help out Christmas and scored 1 2 shots. The trouble is he missed 8 of his 13 attempts. He tied for the lead in team assists with Gbinije and Cooney: 2.

- Somehow, I found this defeat easier to take than most. We were never in it and it became obvious early that this was not our day. I began puttering around the house, doing other things while keeping one ear tuned to the game. Also, this team is clearly one that will have many “ups” and “downs” during the year. A good performance in one game doesn’t guarantee one in the next and neither does a bad performance. I’m taking a “see what happens” attitude to each game, with no dreams of glory. Not much good happened to day but it doesn’t mean good things won’t happen next time. It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

13-5, (4-1) with 13+ more

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Yes, this was not an agonizing game. It felt like we were screwed after the first 10 minutes, and definitely by the end of the half. Ironically, I had earlier watched the Duke/Lville game with my Duke friends and I kept calmly assuring them, "Louisville cannot come back from such a huge deficit." I was right for both games.

It is clear that the only way we have a chance is if all 3 of our guys are scoring. Cooney's disappearance was disheartening. I know he was being guarded closely, but come on! I liked that Joseph tried to score and actually succeeded on multiple occasions. I pictured him thinking, "Dear god, why does it have to be me? Why?????" I also found myself calling him Little Joe, a title of endearment, not disparagement.

I really don't want to read your Downside, but feel myself being drawn to it in the same way Sleeping Beauty just had to touch that spinning needle. :(

I really don't want to read your Downside, but feel myself being drawn to it in the same way Sleeping Beauty just had to touch that spinning needle. :(

This probably means you are sleeping in tomorrow.

Yes, this was not an agonizing game. It felt like we were screwed after the first 10 minutes, and definitely by the end of the half. Ironically, I had earlier watched the Duke/Lville game with my Duke friends and I kept calmly assuring them, "Louisville cannot come back from such a huge deficit." I was right for both games.

It is clear that the only way we have a chance is if all 3 of our guys are scoring. Cooney's disappearance was disheartening. I know he was being guarded closely, but come on! I liked that Joseph tried to score and actually succeeded on multiple occasions. I pictured him thinking, "Dear god, why does it have to be me? Why?????" I also found myself calling him Little Joe, a title of endearment, not disparagement.

I thought it was an Apple.

Snow_White_the_Witch_and_the_apple.jpg

I thought it was an Apple.

Snow_White_the_Witch_and_the_apple.jpg

No, that's Snow White! Sleeping Beauty ed her finger on a spinning wheel needle and fell into a deep sleep and there was a castle that had huge thorns grow up around it and a prince had to cut through it and kiss Sleeping Beauty. Whereas Snow White ate the apple and fell into a deep sleep and there were some dwarves and the prince had to kiss her and ... why can't you keep these two straight??

No, that's Snow White! Sleeping Beauty . . . . . ed her finger on a spinning wheel needle and fell into a deep sleep and there was a castle that had huge thorns grow up around it and a prince had to cut through it and kiss Sleeping Beauty. Whereas Snow White ate the apple and fell into a deep sleep and there were some dwarves and the prince had to kiss her and ... why can't you keep these two straight??

Childhood was along time ago...:(

Cooney says when he is hitting them early it builds his confidence. He needs those early shots. He did not get them today. When he is hot he is hot. Today was just an off day from the get go. It is that kind of season.

SWC, your post game assessments are some of the best on the board. Kudos to your contributions and insights. I agree, the loss didn't sting as much as say the Villanova game. Once you accept that this is a fundamentally flawed team, it is easier to be patient with the results. The kids are trying their best and will have some big wins this year as well as frustrating losses.

Cooney says when he is hitting them early it builds his confidence. He needs those early shots. He did not get them today. When he is hot he is hot. Today was just an off day from the get go. It is that kind of season.
But somehow, SOMEHOW, he has got to learn to overcome early shooting woes, right? He's basically acknowledging it's a mind thing. Although, of course, everything is a mind thing. (sob)

But somehow, SOMEHOW, he has got to learn to overcome early shooting woes, right? He's basically acknowledging it's a mind thing. Although, of course, everything is a mind thing. (sob)

I can remember two times the only shot GMAC made won the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom