The Upside- Cornell | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Cornell

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It wasn’t a cure for our ills but it was a nice little gulp of mouthwash after what happened last week.

- We may wind up viewing Roberson’s dunk as the moment this season turned around. I hope so.

- We moved the ball very well and got plenty of good shots. I was especially impressed that we were using Lydon and Thompson to work for the high post, sometimes in tandem as almost a relay, like a bucket brigade, to get the ball into the basket. They could score themselves or hit someone on the baseline for a lay-up. Teams have been killing us form the top of the key and along the baseline for years. It’s good to see us doing that to someone else.

- Tyler Lydon has certainly re-established himself as the best player on the team and it’s on the court leader. He had another double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, hit 4 three pointers, 3 assists, 2 steals and block.

- Taurean Thompson continued to be a point machine with 18 points on 9 for 15 shooting.

- Tyus Battle looks ready to become a more consistent contributor. He had 16 points and 4 threes.

- John Gillon had 7 assists and no turnovers.

- We got out and ran, with 16 fast break points. We also had 19 points off of 15 turnovers. Just playing the half-court game hasn’t been enough for us. We’ve got to beat the other team down court.

- Boeheim still has a few more practices before the conference schedule starts and we start with what’s supposed to be the worst team. Maybe he can create a miracle, one step at a time.

8-5 with 18+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I didn't get to the game until the beginning of the second half, since my 70 year old neighbor broke her arm and I needed to take her to Prompt Care (who didn't do anything but refer her to an orthopedic surgeon today except when I called this morning the surgeon is out). Poor lady!

My daughter caught me up that it was very dicey in the first half but by the time I got there they were in control. Kind of. I still don't understand why White isn't taking/making more 3 point shots. Maybe you'll have that on the Downside, which I haven't read yet.

I am very glad they had that team meeting, which I believe will lead to trust building. And we have a few more "easy" games to practice with. Although "easy" is not something we should expect with any game from hereon out.

I didn't get to the game until the beginning of the second half, since my 70 year old neighbor broke her arm and I needed to take her to Prompt Care (who didn't do anything but refer her to an orthopedic surgeon today except when I called this morning the surgeon is out). Poor lady!

My daughter caught me up that it was very dicey in the first half but by the time I got there they were in control. Kind of. I still don't understand why White isn't taking/making more 3 point shots. Maybe you'll have that on the Downside, which I haven't read yet.

I am very glad they had that team meeting, which I believe will lead to trust building. And we have a few more "easy" games to practice with. Although "easy" is not something we should expect with any game from hereon out.

A few more easy games? Yeah, we start with BC but then play Miami, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech, (which is now pretty good under Buzz Williams). Those three are as good as the teams that have beaten us, save Wisky.

A few more easy games? Yeah, we start with BC but then play Miami, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech, (which is now pretty good under Buzz Williams). Those three are as good as the teams that have beaten us, save Wisky.
To quote 3CPO, "We're doomed!"

th

Those 4 opponents are the type of teams we must beat to have any chance. Anything less than 3-1 start will probably mean the end of our NCAA hopes save an ACC tourny championship. This team needs some confidence...especially Roby and Frank and they might take off.

White has shot the ball less (and not well) in the last two games, as it looks like he is making a conscious effort to rebound more aggressively and play a more well-rounded game. But on the season, he is attempting 8 3-pointers per game, which is a lot. Tyler Lydon needs to start looking for his shot the same way White and Thompson have for most of the season.

Those 4 opponents are the type of teams we must beat to have any chance. Anything less than 3-1 start will probably mean the end of our NCAA hopes save an ACC tourny championship. This team needs some confidence...especially Roby and Frank and they might take off.

Need to be at least 4-1 headed to UNC on big Monday MLK day. 5-0 preferably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom