The Upside - Cornell | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Cornell

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Tyler Roberson had a huge “up” game with 15 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and several dunks. He also got down to the floor going after loose balls. How, how about some “hang time” at this level Tyler? He had the highest raio of points to field goal attempts with 15/10.

- Trevor Cooney broke his string of 12 straight misses from the arc with three second half bombs that broke the game open. Now that you know where the basket is, Trevor!

- Michael Gbinije had an off shooting night but a great floor game with 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and a block. The shots don’t have to be falling for him to have a big game.

- Tyler Lydon continues to show us everything we’d want to see from him. He only scored 9 points but made a three pointer and had a wonderful drive and dunk from the foul line when we were draining the clock. He had a four big blocks, including a Bill Russell-like on that he turned into a steal by grabbing it on the way down. I’ll say it: he‘s our best freshman since Carmelo.

- Mal Richardson had a nice comeback game, scoring 15 points on 5 for 11 shooting, pulling down 8 rebounds, (all on the defensive side). He also had 2 assists, 2 steals and a block. He was just behind TR with a 15/11 points to FGA ratio.

- Kaleb Joseph didn’t score but had 3 assists and 2 steals in 7 minutes.

- We finally found a team we could dominate inside. We out-rebounded the little Red 48-27 and registered 9 blocked shots to 1. Just like the old days.

- Cornell didn’t shoot well, 11 for 29 inside the arc (38%) and 6 of 25 outside it (24%). A lot of that was them. But some of it was us.

- After Cornell opened the second half with 6 in a row to take the lead, we went on a 25-4 run that took all the drama out of it. It’s Christmas time. We don’t need any drama.

- Mike Hopkins has shown an ability to right the ship in mid voyage several times in his short tenure. I’d rather not get into these situations but it’s good to know our now and future coach can make adjustments and inspire his players to greater efforts.

8-3 with 20+ to go…and only 9 more wins needed to guarantee our 46th consecutive winning season!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
- Tyler Roberson had a huge “up” game with 15 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and several dunks. He also got down to the floor going after loose balls. How, how about some “hang time” at this level Tyler? He had the highest raio of points to field goal attempts with 15/10.

- Trevor Cooney broke his string of 12 straight misses from the arc with three second half bombs that broke the game open. Now that you know where the basket is, Trevor!

- Michael Gbinije had an off shooting night but a great floor game with 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and a block. The shots don’t have to be falling for him to have a big game.

- Tyler Lydon continues to show us everything we’d want to see from him. He only scored 9 points but made a three pointer and had a wonderful drive and dunk from the foul line when we were draining the clock. He had a four big blocks, including a Bill Russell-like on that he turned into a steal by grabbing it on the way down. I’ll say it: he‘s our best freshman since Carmelo.

- Mal Richardson had a nice comeback game, scoring 145 points on 5 for 11 shooting, pulling down 8 rebounds, (all on the defensive side). He also had 2 assists, 2 steals and a block. He was just behind TR with a 15/11 points to FGA ratio.

- Kaleb Joseph didn’t score but had 3 assists and 2 steals in 7 minutes.

- We finally found a team we could dominate inside. We out-rebounded the little Red 48-27 and registered 9 blocked shots to 1. Just like the old days.

- Cornell didn’t shoot well, 11 for 29 inside the arc (38%) and 6 of 25 outside it (24%). A lot of that was them. But some of it was us.

- After Cornell opened the second half with 6 in a row to take the lead, we went on a 25-4 run that took all the drama out of it. It’s Christmas time. We don’t need any drama.

- Mike Hopkins has shown an ability to right the ship in mid voyage several times in his short tenure. I’d rather not get into these situations but it’s good to know our now and future coach can make adjustments and inspire his players to greater efforts.

8-3 with 20+ to go…and only 9 more wins needed to guarantee our 46th consecutive winning season!

LET’S GO ORANGE!
Mal Richardson had a nice comeback game, scoring 145 points.

Best. Typo. Ever!

-

I’ll say it: he‘s our best freshman since Carmelo.

Geez...don't do it.

I like him too.....a lot, but he's not better than Ennis was as a frosh. Brandon Triche, Jonny Flynn, Paul Harris, Eric Devendorf and Donte Greene were all, as good if not better frosh. I'm not even sure he's definitely better than Richardson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom