The Upside: Duke | Syracusefan.com

The Upside: Duke

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We can always retreat to the line “this year doesn’t matter – next year matters”, although losing hurts just as much this year.

- We continued to get turnovers. The problem is, we only score off of them if the defense does it. But they kept this team from becoming a Maryland-like blow-out.

- We make big plays from time to time. All of Tommy DeVito’s 5 touchdown passes have bene at least 40 yards. The problem is, there have been only 5 of them in four games.

- Taj Harris had a big game with 6 receptions for 138 yards and a score. He ran with a lot of determination.

- There were several other plays that could have been big plays: at least four dropped passes by open receivers. If you are open, you have time to make sure you catch the ball and then run with it. Sean Tucker, in an early run, was off to the races except our wide-out blocked his man into him instead of away from him. Then there were the two dropped interceptions. In both cases, the flow of the play was in the opposite direction. I think it’s likely trill Williams takes it the distance. Mikel Jones, I’m not sure, although he has good speed for a linebacker. Maybe next time those plays will go our way.

- It’s been suggested that Dino should play a lot of young players this year to give them experience for future years. Check.

1-3 with 7(?) to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

You're doing God's work with upsides on days like today.

Most lopsided 2 TD loss I've ever seen.

Even the Flood had an upside.

1602381460572.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors