The Upside- Eastern Michigan | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Eastern Michigan

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Well, that was easy! Everybody feel better now?

- Every available scholarship player scored in double figures. Eight guys. I don’t know if we’ve ever had that many. I always say that if 1-2 guys play well, we’ll probably lose. If 3-4 guys play well, we’ll probably win. If more than that play well, we’ll blow you out. Tonight 8 guys played well and we won by 48.

- We assisted on our first 23 baskets and 34 of 37 for the game. Normally, that’s an indicator that we are relying too much on jump shots, rather than drives to the basket. But only 44% of our shot attempts were three pointers, (of which we hit 15, 54%). We were just ripping up Eastern Michigan’s zone, (which is, of course, ours with lesser players).

- For the second time in three games, Taureen Thompson was the best player on the court with 11 points on 5 for 6 from the field, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks and 2 steals. His counterpart, the unrelated but identically sized James Thompson, (one of two freshmen to average a double-double last year, the other being Ben Simmons), was 0 for 5 from the field, and had 5 turnovers.

- Our inadequate point guards, Frank Howard and John Gillon had 20 assists and 5 turnovers between them. They also had 7 steals 7 rebounds and scored 24 points.

- Tyler Roberson had his first “I belong on the court” game in a while, scoring 10 points on 4 for 6 from the field and pulling down 8 rebounds.

- Tyus Battle’s foot seemed Ok as he scored 18 points

- EMU isn’t that bad a team. They were 18-15 last year and had 5 of their top 6 players back. They were 6-3 coming in, having lost to Pitt by 3 in two overtimes. Some people picked them to win their conference.

- Let’s not fire the coach just yet.

7-4 with 20+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I could see players looking for each other, then high fiving or acknowledging each other after the assist. I most remember the Thompson/Lydon sizzle but there were a couple other duos that seemed notable. There were a few times where we passed the ball around very crisply, went in and out, and then scored. I will have to watch the replay but there were at least two passes from Taurean that caused the Dome to gasp, then cheer. I felt in the second half he tried to pass too much and didn't look for his shot. My little section was eager for him to take his shot in the second half so he could get in double figures and make the board look symmetrical and pretty. (I guess it also meant we had good distribution in scoring.)

The Baldwinsville band was outstanding once again and I believe I will write a quick letter to syracuse.com to commend them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom