The Upside- Florida State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Florida State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We played poorly against Wake Forest and Notre Dame. We played well against Virginia and Florida State. If we continue playing well, the wins will come. We have a shot at turning a four game losing streak into a 4 game winning streak. Things will look a lot better if we can do that.

- A 53 point second half on the road against a Top 25 team suggests that our problems, especially on offense, aren’t as bad as we thought.

- Tyus Battle was a warrior today, taking on the defense almost by himself and scoring a career high 37 points with many highly difficult shots. Our second leading scorer had 14 points, 38% of Tyus's total.

- Howard Washington performed very well taking over for Frank Howard after Frank fouled out. He was 3 for 4 from the field, hit a three and scored 9 points. Bourama Sidbie didn’t have much of a game statistically but moved well. We seem to be back to being 8 deep.

- Paschal Chukwu, despite being unable to stop- the mountainous Mr. Koumadje, had a good game for himself with 10 points, 11 rebounds a couple blocks and a steal.

- Matthew Moyer had a rough start but his 10 rebounds and overall hustle helped spark the second half comeback.

12-6 (1-4) with 13+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
Upside: We're one game closer to the season being over.

Thank you, SWC. That was soothing. I didn’t watch the game because 1/2 hour before it one of my best friends called to tell me she has colon cancer. I spent the next couple hours talking to mutual friends and just being dazed. I had recorded the game and I knew it had gone into OT. Honestly, I was proud of our guys that they had come back to tie it. I was pleased by the offense that this tie implied. If we had won, I would have watched it but as it is . . .

Most of us would rather have a loss where we play well, as opposed to a loss where we suck. FSU is a good team. I think we’re going to win more games. I haven’t given up.

Thank you, SWC. That was soothing. I didn’t watch the game because 1/2 hour before it one of my best friends called to tell me she has colon cancer. I spent the next couple hours talking to mutual friends and just being dazed. I had recorded the game and I knew it had gone into OT. Honestly, I was proud of our guys that they had come back to tie it. I was pleased by the offense that this tie implied. If we had won, I would have watched it but as it is . . .

Most of us would rather have a loss where we play well, as opposed to a loss where we suck. FSU is a good team. I think we’re going to win more games. I haven’t given up.

I have a relative with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and the wife of one has bone cancer. I'm a prostate cancer survivor. Sure puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Sports is like the canary in the mines. if we can get some pleasure out of it, that's a good sign. if we can't, that's a bad sign.

I have a relative with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and the wife of one has bone cancer. I'm a prostate cancer survivor. Sure puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Sports is like the canary in the mines. if we can get some pleasure out of it, that's a good sign. if we can't, that's a bad sign.
YES. My friend is very healthy, so is starting from a place of strength. I am glad your cancer is behind you.

We played poorly against Wake Forest and Notre Dame. We played well against Virginia and Florida State. If we continue playing well, the wins will come. We have a shot at turning a four game losing streak into a 4 game winning streak. Things will look a lot better if we can do that. Absolutely agree with this. I think it's very realistic for us to go on a little run and to get back to our winning ways.

- Tyus Battle was a warrior today, taking on the defense almost by himself and scoring a career high 37 points with many highly difficult shots. Our second leading scorer had 14 points, 38% of Tyus’s total. Tyus certainly was a warrior yesterday. Love his effort but we need to play better team ball.

- Howard Washington performed very well taking over for Frank Howard after Frank fouled out. He was 3 for 4 from the field, hit a three and scored 9 points. Bourama Sidbie didn’t have much of a game statistically but moved well. We seem to be back to being 8 deep. THIS COULD END UP BEING HUGE. A spark off the bench and a little more depth. Loved what I saw from Howard yesterday.

- Paschal Chukwu, despite being unable to stop- the mountainous Mr. Koumadje, had a good game for himself with 10 points, 11 rebounds a couple blocks and a steal. I'm very pleased with Chukwu's progress. If Sidibe could get back to his earlier self, that would also be huge.

- Matthew Moyer had a rough start but his 10 rebounds and overall hustle helped spark the second half comeback. Love Moyer's effort and how he attacks the rim when given the opportunity. I would like to see him try hitting some short jumpers. The defense knows he won't shoot it so they can sag off him.

12-6 (1-4) with 13+ to go. I'm still optimistic about making the tourney, but there certainly is some urgency now to get some W's and to go on a little run.

FBDislike.jpg

Anyone who wants the season to be over can end it right now my not paying any attention to the team. Find something else to do with your life.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom