The Upside - Florida State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Florida State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It was an amazing effort by a beleaguered team and everyone should be proud of them. I didn’t just type this. It was on my last ‘Upside’ so I just left it there.

- Elijah Hughes scored 25 points on 10 for 20 shooting while wondering if his hip bone was still connected to his thigh bone. He also had 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals. At one point his foot slipped and he collapsed to the floor, writhing in pain. I thought we’d seen the last of him, for the game, maybe for the season and his career. he walked it off and came back in.

- Joe Girard followed up his 30 point, 5 rebound, a assist but only one turnover in 38 minute game vs. NC State’s pressure with a 22 point, 7 rebound, (he’s 6-1, supposedly),5 assists, 1 turnover in 33 minutes game vs. FSU’s pressure. After one sequence in which he scored on a lay-up and then a long three, Jimmy Satalin, on the radio broadcast, noted that he had not been listed as one of the top 200 high school seniors in the country. “I guess nobody wanted to go to Glen Falls to have a look at him”.

- Quincy Guerrier was again fun to watch, scoring 13 points with 2 rebounds, 2 blocks and an assist and a steal in 22 minutes. He seemed to regain the touch on his free throws.

- Marek Dolezaj overcame three fouls being called on in the first half, (2 in the first 2:03) to play the second half without fouls at all. He scored 8 and had 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals in 32 minutes.

- Bourama Sidibe battled the FSU giants inside to play 27 minutes without fouling out and score 9 points and get 5 rebounds and block a shot. They were the bigger team but we had 7 blocks to their 3.

14-11 (7-7) with 6+ to be done

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Close loss in away game vs #8 team in the country.
As mentioned in other threads -not very long ago this team was a mess and the season appeared lost..
Upside is what I'm focusing on -considerable improvement overall.
Tough not finishing out strong in tight games-
but the guts and competitiveness being displayed is commendable!

If basketball was horseshoes SU Would be one of the better teams in the nation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom