The Upside- Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Georgetown

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Nothing brings a smile to ‘Cuse people more than a win over Georgetown. Coach even said after the game that he was happy!

- We have a “big three” on this team and they all had big games, which is what we need to beat a good opponent. Tyus Battle had a three point play to get us going, then went through a long dry spell, next scoring 8 minutes later. He had 11 points at halftime, 10 more in the second half but 8 of our 17 points in overtime, including a couple of huge threes. He wound up with 29 points. He’s not a pure three point shooter but was 6 for 11 tonight.

- Oshae Brissett had 1 point at halftime wand was 0 for 3 from the field. In the second half he scored 21 points and 8 rebounds. He even his 4 three point shots, something we’ve bene waiting for all year, with JB assuring us he makes them in practice. He wound up with 25 points and 14 rebounds.

- The one guy who was consistent the whole game was Frank Howard. He wasn’t mistake-free, (7 turnovers) but he kept going at the Horas the whole game and wound up with 19 points and 9 assists, with some very determined and graceful moves to the basket. I was worried that this would be similar to the Connecticut game, where constant pressure would wear Frank down and he’d have a bad game. But he handled the pressure, (which was not as constant as what he dealt with against the Huskies), and made big shots and big assists the whole game.

- JB was typically reluctant to praise his press, (or he might have to use it more often), but it clearly turned this game around. It’s wasn’t just the turners- it increased the pace of the game such that we scored 24 points in the first 20 minutes and 62 in the last 25 minutes. We had to do something with our centers in foul trouble and the skinny Dolezaj having to guard 6-10 270 Jessie Govan.

- We once again out-rebounded our opponent, (10 for 10 on the season). Not only did Brissett have a double-double but Matthew Moyer had 11 rebs and Marek Dolezaj had 8 more.

- The team certainly showed some guts and confidence it lacked at this time last year, overcoming a 13 point deficit to win by 20 on the road. There will be many challenges to come and it’s good to know that this team can meet them.

- We've now got a good shot at finishing the non-conference schedule 12-1, (which doesn't mean that Buffalo, St. Bonaventure and Eastern Michigan will be easy games). That's quite a difference from the mess we were in a year ago. We haven't dug our own grave.

9-1 with 21+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Matt
- Nothing brings a smile to ‘Cuse people more than a win over Georgetown. Coach even said after the game that he was happy!

- We have a “big three” on this team and they all had big games, which is what we need to beat a good opponent. Tyus Battle had a three point play to get us going, then went through a long dry spell, next scoring 8 minutes later. He had 11 points at halftime, 10 more in the second half but 8 of our 17 points in overtime, including a couple of huge threes. He wound up with 29 points. He’s not a pure three point shooter but was 6 for 11 tonight.

- Oshae Brissett had 1 point at halftime wand was 0 for 3 from the field. In the second half he scored 21 points and 8 rebounds. He even his 4 three point shots, something we’ve bene waiting for all year, with JB assuring us he makes them in practice. He wound up with 25 points and 14 rebounds.

- The one guy who was consistent the whole game was Frank Howard. He wasn’t mistake-free, (7 turnovers) but he kept going at the Horas the whole game and wound up with 19 points and 9 assists, with some very determined and graceful moves to the basket. I was worried that this would be similar to the Connecticut game, where constant pressure would wear Frank down and he’d have a bad game. But he handled the pressure, (which was not as constant as what he dealt with against the Huskies), and made big shots and big assists the whole game.

- JB was typically reluctant to praise his press, (or he might have to use it more often), but it clearly turned this game around. It’s wasn’t just the turners- it increased the pace of the game such that we scored 24 points in the first 20 minutes and 62 in the last 25 minutes. We had to do something with our centers in foul trouble and the skinny Dolezaj having to guard 6-10 270 Jessie Govan.

- We once again out-rebounded our opponent, (10 for 10 on the season). Not only did Brissett have a double-double but Matthew Moyer had 11 rebs and Marek Dolezaj had 8 more.

- The team certainly showed some guts and confidence it lacked at this time last year, overcoming a 13 point deficit to win by 20 on the road. There will be many challenges to come and it’s good to know that this team can meet them.

- We've now got a good shot at finishing the non-conference schedule 12-1, (which doesn't mean that Buffalo, St. Bonaventure and Eastern Michigan will be easy games). That's quite a difference from the mess we were in a year ago. We haven't dug our own grave.

9-1 with 21+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!
Matty Moyer was an unsung hero today. That boy has mad hops...as the kids like to say. ;)

Holy tamoly! I just finished watching the game. My back has been hurt off and on for the past month and the last four days it has let me know it means business. My plan is to take heavy muscle relaxants til I can see the chiropractor on Monday. As a result, I was in bed semi-passed out for the game. I did find out we won in OT and after having watched, it is certain that if I watched in real time it might have killed me. I KNEW the outcome but I just couldn’t believe we were going to tie it! The sheer grit of our guys is what impressed me the most.

I wish I could be more coherent but I have greatly appreciated the board’s comments that have captured the excitement and angst of this VERY IMPORTANT game. Wow!

Holy tamoly! I just finished watching the game. My back has been hurt off and on for the past month and the last four days it has let me know it means business. My plan is to take heavy muscle relaxants til I can see the chiropractor on Monday. As a result, I was in bed semi-passed out for the game. I did find out we won in OT and after having watched, it is certain that if I watched in real time it might have killed me. I KNEW the outcome but I just couldn’t believe we were going to tie it! The sheer grit of our guys is what impressed me the most.

I wish I could be more coherent but I have greatly appreciated the board’s comments that have captured the excitement and angst of this VERY IMPORTANT game. Wow!

I'm glad you passed out. We would have missed you. Get well soon!

It was a great game but very frustrating at times. Maybe the win will be a bit of the medicine you need to get better at this time of the year. Good luck on Monday. May your chiropractor work magic.

Enjoy the get well card from the team. Hope you feel better soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom