The Upside- GT | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- GT

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This is going to be like an archaeological dig. I’m going to have to dig deep and carefully dust off things.

- Matt Moyer played two minutes and got a rebound. That’s not much but it’s lot.

- Tyus Battle wasn’t efficient but he battled the whole game, (not getting any calls) and scored 19 points, including 9 for 9 from the line.

- He also had 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Where did that come from?

- The press looked good the few times we used it.

- The refs are letting ‘em play, which will be frustrating but also vital for us because we can’t replace people.

- That’s all I’ve got.

15-7 (4-5) with 10+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

How about, 'their 6'2" guy only posted us 4 times more than our 2 bigs did them'?

- This is going to be like an archaeological dig. I’m going to have to dig deep and carefully dust off things.

- Matt Moyer played two minutes and got a rebound. That’s not much but it’s lot.

- Tyus Battle wasn’t efficient but he battled the whole game, (not getting any calls) and scored 19 points, including 9 for 9 from the line.

- The refs are letting ‘em play, which will be frustrating but also vital for us because we can’t replace people.

- That’s all I’ve got.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

- That’s all I’ve got.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Well done. I usually lean positive but I couldn't come up with anything tonight. I think you came up with the "Close enough" upside.

Positives: I though the dunk Euro Durant had was the first time this year he really went to the rack with anger.

Positives: I though the dunk Euro Durant had was the first time this year he really went to the rack with anger.

I was impressed with that dunk also. So that's something.

It sounds like i was fortunate to not have gotten the game out here in nm. Instead i got to see the knick fiasco.

However, i must ask how you can say a guy w 9 fts in a game where the refs let em play got no calls ?

It sounds like i was fortunate to not have gotten the game out here in nm. Instead i got to see the knick fiasco.

However, i must ask how you can say a guy w 9 fts in a game where the refs let em play got no calls ?

It generally seemed like GT played an old style Pitt or Nova style of defense. They seemed to get away with a LOT more contact than ended up getting called, especially in the first half. No blood no foul seemed to be the rule last night.

The only positive spin is that we will be out of our misery come March because there will be no tournament for us. We'll be lucky to be in the NIT.

Sadly the high hopes I had for next year are dwindling. IMO any team led by Frank at PG will struggle. He can't run an offense and he can't push the ball. Chewy might just be the worst starting center ever to play at Syracuse in the last twenty years. Dolejaz is putrid too.

The talent we do have next year will be freshman, and an untested Hughes. Sorry I'm not optimistic. Hope I'm wrong, but last night was high school play.

It was a very physical game for stretches. Stuff that should have been fouls, didn't get called. There were over the backs and players getting undercut; Alvarado went below the knees a couple of times. You can let them play and still have control over the game; I don't think the latter happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom