The Upside- Iowa | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Iowa

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I don’t agree with Fran Fraschilla and Seth Greenberg that this team lacks talent. Hughes, Boeheim and Girard can all shoot. I saw enough open shots tonight to have kept us in this game or even win it. We just weren’t making them. When Buddy finds the range, that will take pressure off of Hughes and open things up inside. We saw what Girard could do against Seattle when he made 7 of 8 and scored 24 points. He just needs to make a shot or two and the knack will come back to him. When these guys find the range, we will become a totally different team.

- Sidibie, Edwards and Dolezaj have shown me offensive moves we never saw from Chukwu. But we need to hit from outside to open things up for them. In turn, when they score it can open things up on the perimeter. It’s a row of dominos that can go in one direction with everybody setting things up for everyone else or in the other when nobody’s hitting their shots so the defense has an easy time guarding everybody.

- We only lost the boards by one, 36-37 so the guys responded to the embarrassment of losing the boards 28-57 to Penn State. We can rebound when we put our minds to it. Tonight Sidibie had 8, Hughes and Guerrier 7 each. We need to see that every game.

- I thought Marek Dolezaj played well. He led us with 12 points, had 4 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal, (it seemed like more). He missed 11 minutes due to foul trouble but gave his all in the other 29.

- Howard Washington looked pretty solid again with 5 points, and assists and a steal in 6 minutes. If Goodine continues to struggle well see more and more of Howard.

4-4 with 23+ to be done
LET’S GO ORANGE!

Unfortunately, Fran and Seth are right. This is the least talented SU team in many seasons. Sure, we have some (Hughes) but we are weak at the point guard spot, and can’t defend inside or rebound against decent big men.

i look at the boxscore and it's hard to fathom that we trailed so big and were out of this so early. we boarded as well. we shot close (37/43 fg%. 29/32 deep). fouls about even .took 15 fts to their 8. 12/16 TO'S ( they turned theirs into more points). biggest difference i see is fg attempts (52/61). that suggests second chance points was the decider. another positive was that JB (with the exception of EH) kept the minutes under control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom