The upside is that we can win ugly | Syracusefan.com

The upside is that we can win ugly

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Which hasn't really been true of some of our teams recently.

Even without our fastball we can win games. If a team hits us in the mouth, we respond well. We don't panic. I guess these are all good things and I'd like to say it prepares us for the tournament.

That said, a single elimination tourney can be a little bit of a crap shoot. Hard to say that we're well prepared right now. It would be nice to get the team going again.

Which hasn't really been true of some of our teams recently.

Even without our fastball we can win games. If a team hits us in the mouth, we respond well. We don't panic. I guess these are all good things and I'd like to say it prepares us for the tournament.

That said, a single elimination tourney can be a little bit of a crap shoot. Hard to say that we're well prepared right now. It would be nice to get the team going again.

They will get going. Get out of the Big East and we will thrive. 11 steals..9 blocks tonight...9 turnovers We are very consistent and are masking some rebounding issues because of this.

This team will peak as we go towards March. We would have had 5 losses if this were last years team.

I am for one not worried about anything.

They will get going. Get out of the Big East and we will thrive. 11 steals..9 blocks tonight...9 turnovers We are very consistent and are masking some rebounding issues because of this.

This team will peak as we go towards March. We would have had 5 losses if this were last years team.

I am for one not worried about anything.
Love ya, Marsh... But come on, man. You cannot be confident in his team right now.

Love ya, Marsh... But come on, man. You cannot be confident in his team right now.
Sure I am dude. I hear your argument. I do. But we keep winning playing the SAME type of game. Can't rebound. Can't shoot. Make tons of steals and blocks. Rarely turn it over. And we are doing it against teams we would have lost to in past years. Would we have beaten Gtown-Uconn and Louisville in a 5 day span last year? No way in hell. We would have lost the Rutgers game. All this team needs to do is make shots. That's it. Make shots. We do and we beat ANYONE.
Screw the rebounding. We are wining and not rebounding so I am tired of this excuse.

We shot 35% tonight, only made 3 three point shots, missed 8 free throws and STILL won. Against a team that HAD to win tonight.

28-1 doesnt lie. Great elite teams dont win 28 out of 29 games.

Sure I am dude. I hear your argument. I do. But we keep winning playing the SAME type of game. Can't rebound. Can't shoot. Make tons of steals and blocks. Rarely turn it over. And we are doing it against teams we would have lost to in past years. Would we have beaten Gtown-Uconn and Louisville in a 5 day span last year? No way in hell. We would have lost the Rutgers game. All this team needs to do is make shots. That's it. Make shots. We do and we beat ANYONE.
Screw the rebounding. We are wining and not rebounding so I am tired of this excuse.

It's not even just jumpshots - we have missed an irregular amount of layups in the last 3 games.

We sure missed alot of bunnies tonight. I have said all year when this team makes some outside shots the inside opens up and away we go.
Trouble is we need to make some outside shots.
I agree the low TO's, steals and blocks help balance the rebounding.
Many times we were slow to the ball tonight
Hope they play better Sat. and I expect we will

OO44

Marsh...fine...solution is make shots. My problem is this team just seems to not be a very good shooting team. We do not have one great outside shooter. Not one.

Marsh...fine...solution is make shots. My problem is this team just seems to not be a very good shooting team. We do not have one great outside shooter. Not one.
Touche. We really dont but we have shown the ability to make shots in games. We somehow need to step it up and knock shots down. James would help if he could make some.

Iommi...at least our first 2, and probably our first 3 ncaa tournament games are gonna be exactly like the gtown, lville, and tonite's game. Or at least thats what the other team will be hoping for. We're obviously well prepared for any rock fight type of games come tourny time. If we make some shots we'll be up 70-50 with 2 minutes left, if we dont like tonite we'll be up 52-50. Either way, you cant tell me youre not confident in this team winning that type of game, and thats all that matters in march, survive and advance...

All I needed to see was the result of the Louisville game. If we can beat that team who has owned us forever on their home court after making 1 shot outside the paint the entire game...punch my ticket to all in.

We shot 35% tonight, only made 3 three point shots, missed 8 free throws and STILL won. Against a team that HAD to win tonight.

Great post.

This team might be able to beat ANYONE even playing like this. But when it does shoot well as a team for a whole game (and that will happen) they will absolutely dismantle someone. And then the doomsayers will be on this board proclaiming that we are a lock to win it all.

Personally, I'll take the wins any way we can get them. And this team has shown it can win in a variety of ways. To me, that's a good thing.

Iommi...at least our first 2, and probably our first 3 ncaa tournament games are gonna be exactly like the gtown, lville, and tonite's game. Or at least thats what the other team will be hoping for. We're obviously well prepared for any rock fight type of games come tourny time. If we make some shots we'll be up 70-50 with 2 minutes left, if we dont like tonite we'll be up 52-50. Either way, you cant tell me youre not confident in this team winning that type of game, and thats all that matters in march, survive and advance...
Fair... But rock fights suck. It is like a crapshoot. I don't want to be in a crapshoot against a Wich State- type team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom