The Upside (Kennesaw State) | Syracusefan.com

The Upside (Kennesaw State)

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It’s fun to win.

- It was good to see Tyler Roberson (10 points and 10 rebounds) and BJ Johnson (19 points 8 rebounds) get a chance to show what they can do. Someday they may be our two forwards and we need them to get enough playing time without fear of being yanked to get their confidence.

- Matt Park said that Chris McCullough had career highs win points and rebounds. That’s pretty easy to in your first game. But opening with a double-double, (16 points, 11 rebs), is certainly a good start.

- Rakeem Christmas dominated inside, as he should have, with 21 points on 8 for 13, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks.

- Trevor Cooney opened with a quick lay-up and wound up 5 for 7 from the fields for 12 points. What’s significant is that he was 1 for 2 from the arc and 4 for 5 inside of it. That’s what we need: be a scorer, not just a shooter.

- Chinoso Obokoh got to play 11 minutes and scored his only shot attempt, got 4 rebounds, a block and 3 steals. That’ pretty impressive. I think JB’s use of McCullugh at center may have been because Chino is still coming back from his injury, not because the was too inept to play. I think he’ll be our back-up center, at least until DC returns.

1-0 with 30+ to go. (Hopefully I won’t have to change the rhyme for a while)

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

If Chinoso can provide 5-10 good minutes on a consistent basis that would be a huge plus. Don't want Chris risking foul trouble at the 5. Chinoso looked good last night. I particularly enjoyed the block/steal. Now let's see what he can do against better opposition.

If Chinoso can provide 5-10 good minutes on a consistent basis that would be a huge plus. Don't want Chris risking foul trouble at the 5. Chinoso looked good last night. I particularly enjoyed the block/steal. Now let's see what he can do against better opposition.
There always seems ot be 1 ot 2 games a year where Rak fouls out in 25 minutes...hopefully Chinoso can keep getting better and be a formidable backup.

I was impressed with Chino's performance tonight. He seemed to be in the defensive flow with the team, got a nice put back, and generally played with more comfort than I had seen in his limited minutes up to date.

I thought Bus's ability to run some point (quite efficiently) was very promising.

I was impressed that Chino showed good hands, he caught the ball well and was able to grab loose balls in scramble situations. At this stage that's good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom